Chihuahua People Forum banner

Spay tomorrow now...

2K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  Rach_Honey 
#1 ·
Honey was scheduled for the 4th Jan. My vets rang me this afternoon, they have a space for her tomorrow - I wanted tomorrow originally as I have mon and tues off work anyway.

Eek bless my little baby girl, she hasn't a clue :(

Will update tomorrow xx

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#36 ·
I didnt set my alarm in the end but did wake up more than a few times and checked on her using my phone lol. She slept good, whined a few times, and i heard her have a few slurps of her water.

So glad her spay went ok! I hope her tummy feels better soon. Fingers crossed she'll be a bit more like her normal self today. I hope you both managed a good nights sleep.

Love the new avatar picture btw! Really nice picture of you both!x
Thanks Lianne, she is a bit more normal today, but still not right. Ah thankyou :) Why are you up at 7am?!

#37 ·
Honey has had a wee, she had a poo when she got home yest and diarrhea yest evening, nothing since, she's eaten more food this morning and had a bit to drink during the night.

She is acting a bit more like herself, very annoyed at having her collar on still.

How can i get her to take her pain meds? Shes refused it on food, she starts shaking if i try and just put it in her mouth. Any tips?

#40 ·
Is there a reason Honey just wants to sit on the floor?

She will go in her crate but wont stay in there, same with her beds and baskets.

She will come on me for a cuddle but only for 30 secs. She just seems to want to sit on her pee pads on the floor! (My garden is a mudbath from all the rain weve been having, and as shes so close to the ground i dont want any mud/dirty water to get in her wound).

#42 ·
How is sweet little Honey now?

Toby didn't get pain meds when he was neutered, beyond the shot they gave him before he went home. I generally believe that the neuter is such a minor procedure that meds aren't all that necessary. Spays are a whole other story. Poor girls have major surgery!

#44 ·
Thanks ladies :). She had the pain meds in PB, will give yoghurt a try if she gets wise to that one :)

She's brightened up this evening, she even got a toy and wanted to play! I did, just gently, but she was trying to ravish it lol, so good signs :)

She did jump once grr, from the sofa to the floor - it's not a high one but still. I literally took my eyes off her for a second!

She has eaten more, drank normally and had another wee. She's also had a poo - very loose but not diarrhoea. Sorry if tmi!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#47 ·
Glad she's feeling better. It's so hard to see them in such a sorry state. But worth it in the long run.

If she's running, jumping, etc. too much you might consider skipping a pain med dose. Sometimes the meds make them think they feel better than they actually do. Skipping a dose will make her just uncomfortable enough to limit herself. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

#49 ·
Glad to hear she's feeling more like her normal self. Sounds like you're doing a great job with her. When I was giving Mylo the liquid wormer I mixed it with yoghurt or Philadelphia. The worming tablets I put in the middle of some cocktail sausage or natures menu treats because they squish around it. I read an article that suggested putting tablets in butter but that sounds awful! Loving the new avatar pic btw xox

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.