Chihuahua People Forum banner

Hope and Ruby on another card!

1K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  Luvmywinnie 
#1 ·
A co-worker alerted me that they put up Valentine's cards today in the card shop and he took a pic of this card and asked if was my dogs.

I bought 4 cards!

2 more cards are coming. Both of them are just Ruby. One will be online and one in another store (not Hallmark Gold Crown). Once those are out I can share.

See less See more
#8 ·
Karen, that is so cool! I'm going to look for those cards! What fun! You should frame each card and hang all of them together, that would be super cute.

#20 ·
Haha, that's so fun Karen. You have such beautiful girls, no wonder they are so famous. :)

#23 ·
Thanks so much!

I work at the corporation. We have about 5,000 people in our building (it is like a small city) and one day I was in the elevator and a lady I know got in and said she heard I got puppies. Got out of the elevator and another lady I know who had been in the back of the elevator asked if I could send her pictures of them. I did and the Photo Studio called, came to see them, photographed them and they got selected for a project. They returned for a photo shoot. At my house! A truck full of lights, props, a photographer and a stylist. It was a lot of fun watching! Some of the best shots were not on the shot list.

After the first "scouting", they were on file and they can get chosen again or the pictures that were taken will be used over and over. I will not know all that have been used as I do not own the pictures. There are some cute ones that I would love to share but cannot.

Ruby got a call back for a portrait shoot in Studio. I took off work and took her. One of the upcoming cards is from that shoot. It was last winter.

They are NOT photographed because they are stellar examples of the breed or because they are any cuter than any other dog, they just happen to fit the requirement of the job.

I think Ruby gets chosen because with the floppy ears she could look like a lot of dogs.

I have bought several of each of the cards that they are on but a collage would be tough to explain to a certain little black dog who has not been selected! haha! Too bad because the chick looks like a cartoon character and is the best at obeying. Her coloring makes her work in post (retouch) much tougher than Ruby's they tell me.

I was again recently asked to submit updated pictures. None of them must have been chosen for whatever project that was.

They do get paid for their time. Since they are not saving for college, they donate their earnings to dogs in need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.