Chihuahua People Forum banner

Crate Expectations

635 views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Buildthemskywards 
#1 ·
Sorry, I really amused myself with that title!

Anyways, I walked into work the other day with a large bag of cushions and throws and two of my team asked 'are those for the dogs?' They know me so well! I have comfyfied/prettified their crates because I'm jealous of how comfy Zorana has made Leo's crate! I'll blame it either on my nesting instinct or guilt of having Mylo neutered. I thought he could do with somewhere comfy to rest since he's gotten into the habit of laying on the end where there is bare plastic. He looks so comfy now in the middle of the night; all stretched out or laying on his back with his paws in the air!

See less See more
#2 ·
Their crates look so cute Melissa!! It's definitely the neutering guilt, I went out and splurged on an expensive bed the next day after Leo's neuter that I normally would not ever have!!
Mylo's looks so manly just adorable and of course Willow's is just fabulous in pink!! Love!

I just ordered a new crate online last night for all the dogs!! And eventually Mimi will join them too! I'll have to make that one just as comfy!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#4 ·
Haha. Thanks!

So you went with a crate rather than a playpen then? I'm sure you'll make it gorgeous, you have a great sense of style. If you ever quit your job you could become an interior designer! All the throws and the pink pillow were from the human section and ended up pretty cheap really. I got the pink heart throw and cushion, a big throw for Mylo and the beige ish bed all for about £20 ($32ish)

#6 ·
What a steal! That's a great deal!
I've noticed a can get a human throw for $18 where as the last doggie throw I bought was $50!! Crazy!!!

I ended up with an expandable pen that comes with a floor tray but no top. It expands from 35-60", is about 29" tall and 30.5" wide. I think this will work best since the size is adjustable. And there is a little doggie door, also the opposite end opens up for easy access to replacing potty pads.
This is what it looks like, I think it will match our floors.
What do you think?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#7 ·
I like! It's very stylish for a playpen, plus it will save your floors from accidents or scratching and such. Will you leave the pups in there when you're out? It must be nice for them to all have each other to hang out with. Yea...all the doggy blankets are either expensive or small and cheap quality plus I haven't found any pretty girly blankets. I wanted something a bit furry and fluffy for Mylo because he gravitates towards those at my sister's house. The pink one was £5.99 and Mylo's was £9.99 but it's so soft! I should get one for myself really. The pillow was £2.99 and the dog bed was £4.99...they're from a cheap shop by my work. Everything there is a bargain, I love it! I was nosing around there on my break on Friday and there's so much home decor items there that I want to buy! I can't wait to do this place up!

#12 ·
Ours aren't trust worthy enough to be out of their crates...that and they can jump in our bed! I know, Zorana inspired me with her comfy crates! Does he have an area where he sleeps that you could decorate instead? I just seem to have this urge to buy them warm and comfy things and I cover them up in the night! I swear we have way more beds and blankets than we need!!

#15 ·
Jaxx has only been trustworthy out of his crate for a couple months now. Before that he was in his crate anytime we left for long or went to sleep. I was actually thinking yesterday that I could probably put his crate up because he hasn't even used it for security in a long time. Luckily our bed is high enough up that Jaxx cannot get on it unless he is placed on it.
He has two beds, one in our living room and one in our bedroom, he very rarely ever uses the one in the living room. He prefers to sleep in the arm chair in the corner, it has become his chair. Making his bed in our bedroom cute with blankets and such is a great idea though. Maybe I need to make a trip to Marshalls today to see what I can come up with.

#16 ·
I fear I've been a bad influence! Hehe If you do get stuff you'll have to show us! My two go in their crates at night. I have a room with just a bed in that is too high for them to get on which I usually keep them in when I have to go out or to work. Willow ripped up all their puppy pads though so they've gotten into the habit of going wherever they please in there now. For that reason I've been leaving them in the living room more and more to see how they do and they've actually been really good. They leave the pad alone in there and actually go on it and they haven't destroyed anything they shouldn't so I might switch to leaving them in there. Plus it's warmer, they have the couches to sleep on and they seem happier in there which all make me happier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.