Chihuahua People Forum banner

When do they lose their baby teeth?

16K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  kimmiek915 
#1 ·
I'm just wondering when puppies normally lose all their baby teeth and get their adult teeth. I always heard they teeth around 4 months, but Yoshi is 5 months next week and just finished getting in her molars. She hasn't lost any teeth yet in place of adult teeth. Her front teeth are so far apart now because they're so tiny, it looks funny. Will she be getting her adult teeth soon??

#3 ·
My baby is 7 months old and she still has one baby tooth left. Her vet said that it could take up to 7 months, but it depends on the dog. Usually if the dog hasn't lost all of its baby teeth by the time they go in to get spayed or neutered, the vet will pull their teeth during the surgery, when they're under. Hope this helps...

#6 ·
teething can easily last till 7 months, some dogs also retain baby teeth, vixie has 2 that will be pulled in april during her check
dodger has lost all his baby teeth...
also rember that you will liekly never find most if not all the teeth, i wish id have found one of dodgers baby canines and keep one of vixies baby canines just because lol...

#9 ·
Every dog is different, I wouldn't worry. Carl lost all his teeth before he was 6 months old! I have eight of his baby teeth saved, including his baby canines. Idk what I'm going to do with them, lol. That's a good idea to put them in a scrapbook Jessie!

#15 ·
Peenutt is 10 months old (as of 4/1) - she was about 5 months old when the teething really started she lost all but two by 11/1, then on christmas day she lost one more...she still has one to go, which will be pulled when i find a vet i trust to fix her.

A lot of people told me to wait exactly 1 year before you do anything unless the dog is in pain or the gums look funny. My friends dog had a double set of teeth until he was 11 1/2 months then all the baby teeth started to fall out,

Talk to your vet and get a few opinions.

Therese

#17 ·
My Yoshi had to have 13 removed when he was around 9 months because most of his never came out. I heard this is pretty normal for tiny breeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.