Chihuahua People Forum banner

New to small dogs and chis!

533 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  KrystalLeigh 
#1 ·
I'm no stranger to dogs, by far. My mom breed Aussies and they are love! The smallest dog I've ever had was a large beagle mix.

I've recently taken in a male chi of unknown origin. It was a stray, he is intact and no one reported him to the shelters/vets or put an ad out. Another neighbor took him in a couple months ago and did the searching. I don't think she intended him to stay forever and when an owner couldn't be found... she started to get frustrated. He was very welcome to come live with us though! And we hope to be his forever home :)

I'm trying to learn about diet, behaviors, etc. He is very well behaved and semi house trained. Age is unknown and I plan to take him to the vet for an exam.

Someone pointed me to these forums for help and so I thought I'd go ahead and introduce us and look around.

I am Sara, I have 2 boys(9 and 1), 4 parrots, and now a chi.

#5 ·
Just wanted to post an update :)

He is doing very well now, I'd say he has adjusted to this being home. He listens pretty well and everything feels like it has fallen into place. He seems to be doing well on his food and overall happy.

Here is a picture of him sunbathing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.