Spay tomorrow now... - Page 6 - Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums
 
Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums


Chihuahua-People.com is the premier Chihuahua Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Go Back   Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums > Chihuahuas > Chi chat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:32 PM
pam6400's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Name: Pam
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,771
Thanks: 57
Thanked 80 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Were you able to get any pain meds into her? Poor baby. I used to put meds into some yogurt. She probably really needs them.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #42  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:25 PM
pupluv168's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Name: Ashley
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 5,776
Thanks: 331
Thanked 783 Times in 685 Posts
Default

How is sweet little Honey now?

Toby didn't get pain meds when he was neutered, beyond the shot they gave him before he went home. I generally believe that the neuter is such a minor procedure that meds aren't all that necessary. Spays are a whole other story. Poor girls have major surgery!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Pumpernickel's Avatar
honorary chi
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Name: Lianne
Location: Preston, Lancs, UK
Posts: 591
Thanks: 54
Thanked 44 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach_Hudson View Post
None at all? Poor sausage, did he seem in pain at all?
It's liquid metacam, oh you are a genius, why didn't I think of that?! Peanut butter has gone down a treat




Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Ahhh yay!! Glad you managed to get her to take them

Max seemed fine, if he had looked in pain I think I would have gone back to the vets but luckily we didn't need to.

Hope she's been ok this afternoon xx
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Rach_Honey's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Name: Rachel
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 1,943
Thanks: 97
Thanked 296 Times in 280 Posts
Default

Thanks ladies . She had the pain meds in PB, will give yoghurt a try if she gets wise to that one

She's brightened up this evening, she even got a toy and wanted to play! I did, just gently, but she was trying to ravish it lol, so good signs

She did jump once grr, from the sofa to the floor - it's not a high one but still. I literally took my eyes off her for a second!

She has eaten more, drank normally and had another wee. She's also had a poo - very loose but not diarrhoea. Sorry if tmi!


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
__________________


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Pumpernickel's Avatar
honorary chi
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Name: Lianne
Location: Preston, Lancs, UK
Posts: 591
Thanks: 54
Thanked 44 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach_Hudson View Post
Thanks ladies . She had the pain meds in PB, will give yoghurt a try if she gets wise to that one

She's brightened up this evening, she even got a toy and wanted to play! I did, just gently, but she was trying to ravish it lol, so good signs

She did jump once grr, from the sofa to the floor - it's not a high one but still. I literally took my eyes off her for a second!

She has eaten more, drank normally and had another wee. She's also had a poo - very loose but not diarrhoea. Sorry if tmi!


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Sounds like she's already on the mend. You've done well if that's the only time she has jumped so far!
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Rach_Honey's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Name: Rachel
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 1,943
Thanks: 97
Thanked 296 Times in 280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpernickel View Post
Sounds like she's already on the mend. You've done well if that's the only time she has jumped so far!
Ha well it's only been one day I guess! I'm sure tomorrow I will have a harder time keeping her still! May take her for a little 5 minute stroll tomorrow too if this bloomin rain ever lets up x


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
__________________


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:14 PM
pupluv168's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Name: Ashley
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 5,776
Thanks: 331
Thanked 783 Times in 685 Posts
Default

Glad she's feeling better. It's so hard to see them in such a sorry state. But worth it in the long run.

If she's running, jumping, etc. too much you might consider skipping a pain med dose. Sometimes the meds make them think they feel better than they actually do. Skipping a dose will make her just uncomfortable enough to limit herself. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Rach_Honey's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Name: Rachel
Location: Shropshire, England
Posts: 1,943
Thanks: 97
Thanked 296 Times in 280 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupluv168 View Post
Glad she's feeling better. It's so hard to see them in such a sorry state. But worth it in the long run.

If she's running, jumping, etc. too much you might consider skipping a pain med dose. Sometimes the meds make them think they feel better than they actually do. Skipping a dose will make her just uncomfortable enough to limit herself. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App
Thanks Ashley. She only has 3ml with her morning food - I'm reluctant to skip a dose completely as she was in obvious pain this morning before i finally got it into her. I do understand though, and may try halving the dose in the morning x


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
__________________


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright 2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
Chihuahua People 2004-2009
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com