Midgie threw up on the couch... - Page 2 - Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums
 
Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums


Chihuahua-People.com is the premier Chihuahua Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Go Back   Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums > Chihuahuas > Chi chat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #9  
Old 01-16-2013, 03:23 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Name: Lisa
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,029
Thanks: 136
Thanked 357 Times in 334 Posts
Default

I got her an appointment for tomorrow (Thurs). The earliest I can get her in is 1:30. It's only going to be a partial dental. Just her back teeth, so it shouldn't take too long. I hate to think about her going without food for that long. She's pretty demanding about her breakfast.
__________________



[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woodard2009 For This Useful Post:
LostLakeLua (01-16-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #10  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Administrator

chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Name: Christie
Location: Leesburg VA
Posts: 8,274
Thanks: 635
Thanked 1,365 Times in 1,256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodard2009 View Post
I got her an appointment for tomorrow (Thurs). The earliest I can get her in is 1:30. It's only going to be a partial dental. Just her back teeth, so it shouldn't take too long. I hate to think about her going without food for that long. She's pretty demanding about her breakfast.
She should be ok just make sure she stays hydrated
__________________

Thank you Jan896
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:24 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Name: Kat
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,104
Thanks: 476
Thanked 169 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Good luck tomorrow!! Is it just an appointment that you get to stay/wait for or will you be dropping her off? At the vet I worked for, sometimes if there were just a few teeth that needed scaling they wouldn't keep them as long as other anesthesia patients. Sending HEALTHY vibes your way!!!
__________________
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

facebook.com/rescutopia
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Name: Lisa
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,029
Thanks: 136
Thanked 357 Times in 334 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huly View Post
She should be ok just make sure she stays hydrated
Got a question? Don't know if I'm being paranoid, but she seems to be drinking a lot of water lately. I try not to think nothing of it because the ZP makes them thirsty. I'd say she's drinking almost, not quite a cup a day. Would this be consider normal?
__________________



[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Name: Lisa
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,029
Thanks: 136
Thanked 357 Times in 334 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLakeLua View Post
Good luck tomorrow!! Is it just an appointment that you get to stay/wait for or will you be dropping her off? At the vet I worked for, sometimes if there were just a few teeth that needed scaling they wouldn't keep them as long as other anesthesia patients. Sending HEALTHY vibes your way!!!
Since I live so far away, they took that into consideration & I will wait. I'm not letting them do a full dental as the rest of her teeth look great. They said they hardly will use any anesthesia on her, just enough to make her comfortable. I'm a nervous wreck now, but know this has to be done. Darn that Honest Kitchen food!!! I should have been more vigilant on giving her bones to chew on besides. We live & we learn I guess. Lol
__________________



[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Administrator

chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Name: Christie
Location: Leesburg VA
Posts: 8,274
Thanks: 635
Thanked 1,365 Times in 1,256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodard2009 View Post
Got a question? Don't know if I'm being paranoid, but she seems to be drinking a lot of water lately. I try not to think nothing of it because the ZP makes them thirsty. I'd say she's drinking almost, not quite a cup a day. Would this be consider normal?
It could be also that she is hungry but food hurts too much to eat so she is filling herself up with liquids. Also the liquids might help soothe the issue area. You can try giving her some chicken broth.
__________________

Thank you Jan896
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:49 PM
chi fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Name: Marianne
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 52
Thanks: 18
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodard2009 View Post
I have a new prescription of Baytril that was given to me for her past UTI, but I never used it. I'm wondering if now is the time? I hope I can take her tomorrow, weather permitting. It's icy here.
So sorry she is suffering so and my prayers are with you. I'm wondering what UTI is?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Administrator

chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Name: Christie
Location: Leesburg VA
Posts: 8,274
Thanks: 635
Thanked 1,365 Times in 1,256 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet butterfly View Post
So sorry she is suffering so and my prayers are with you. I'm wondering what UTI is?
Urinary Tract Infection
__________________

Thank you Jan896
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright 2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
Chihuahua People 2004-2009
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com