winter skin - Page 2 - Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums
 
Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums


Chihuahua-People.com is the premier Chihuahua Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Go Back   Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums > Chihuahuas > Chihuahua Health

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #9  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 PM
intent2smile's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Name: Amy Jo
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,537
Thanks: 429
Thanked 693 Times in 643 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistymornings18 View Post
cool. I like WV but i miss my TN home a lot.
I know exactly how you feel! I moved from WV to be with my hubby in TX. I love TX and I really enjoy having winters that are mild compared to WV but I miss my WV home.

We lived in Nashville, TN about 10 years ago and I loved it. It was perfect that it was close enough that I could visit WV whenever I wanted.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #10  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:29 PM
mistymornings18's Avatar
chi fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

WOW from WV to TX. that must've been a big adjustment. At least when i moved from TN to WV it wasn't to much different. Still lots of mountains and stuff. Did it take you long to adjust?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:55 PM
intent2smile's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Name: Amy Jo
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,537
Thanks: 429
Thanked 693 Times in 643 Posts
Default

The first year I was down here I went nuts because the first 60 days were 100 degrees plus. I was not used to the heat at all. One day it had cooled down to 97 degrees and I talked hubby into going to a huge outdoor flea market. He kept telling me it was too hot but I was being stubborn. After walking around for a while I started feeling light headed. One of the vendors stopped us and asked us to come inside. He handed me a bottle of water and told me to sit down because he thought I was going to pass out. I probably would have. I think that has been the biggest transition for me was learning what I could do in what weather. I miss being able to see the seasons change but I like not having really cold winters. It has been in the 30s-40s lately and I think it is freezing cold now.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 PM
mistymornings18's Avatar
chi fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by intent2smile View Post
The first year I was down here I went nuts because the first 60 days were 100 degrees plus. I was not used to the heat at all. One day it had cooled down to 97 degrees and I talked hubby into going to a huge outdoor flea market. He kept telling me it was too hot but I was being stubborn. After walking around for a while I started feeling light headed. One of the vendors stopped us and asked us to come inside. He handed me a bottle of water and told me to sit down because he thought I was going to pass out. I probably would have. I think that has been the biggest transition for me was learning what I could do in what weather. I miss being able to see the seasons change but I like not having really cold winters. It has been in the 30s-40s lately and I think it is freezing cold now.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
This past summer it was 105-115 here in WV. It was miserable and the pools were packed.
It has only recently started getting cold which is not normal for this area at all as you know lol. We were wearing shorts in the first part of Dec.

I bet it was hard to get used to the heat. I am glad that vendor pulled you in and made you sit down. How do the dogs handle such heat there?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 PM
intent2smile's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Name: Amy Jo
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,537
Thanks: 429
Thanked 693 Times in 643 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistymornings18 View Post
This past summer it was 105-115 here in WV. It was miserable and the pools were packed.
It has only recently started getting cold which is not normal for this area at all as you know lol. We were wearing shorts in the first part of Dec.

I bet it was hard to get used to the heat. I am glad that vendor pulled you in and made you sit down. How do the dogs handle such heat there?
We make sure Jaxx's long walks are done early morning or late night during the summer. Other than that he only goes out for short walks in the heat. Even if we are going on short walks we still take water with us for Jaxx. I was worried about his paws and I try to keep him off the cement when it is hot but he seems not to mind.
Jaxx's biggest problem with the heat is I don't put clothes on him and he prefers a shirt even when hot


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 PM
mistymornings18's Avatar
chi fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by intent2smile View Post
We make sure Jaxx's long walks are done early morning or late night during the summer. Other than that he only goes out for short walks in the heat. Even if we are going on short walks we still take water with us for Jaxx. I was worried about his paws and I try to keep him off the cement when it is hot but he seems not to mind.
Jaxx's biggest problem with the heat is I don't put clothes on him and he prefers a shirt even when hot


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
how much does Jaxx weigh?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-05-2013, 12:13 AM
intent2smile's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Name: Amy Jo
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,537
Thanks: 429
Thanked 693 Times in 643 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistymornings18 View Post
how much does Jaxx weigh?
Jaxx weighs 3.85 pounds


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-06-2013, 01:24 AM
mistymornings18's Avatar
chi fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

So i think it was really just winter skin y'all. I started using some Avveno Eczema cream around his eyes and mouth and his skin improved and hair has already started to grow back.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:41 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright 2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
Chihuahua People 2004-2009
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com