Priya broke her leg in June of 06, Thanksgiving day 07 and apparently yesterday at my mom's priya was walking down the doggy stairs and broke her leg again...while in the bandage from it being broken!!! She was getting off her cast yesterday from the Thanksgiving broken leg!!! Ugh!!!!! The vet said she doesn't think surgury will work bc of how small her legs are and the nearest place that will even touch her bc of how small her bones are is in Colorado
The only other option is to amputate the leg.
It's cheaper, healing time MUCH less, and -she does fine on 3 legs, she has for 12 weeks with the cast on!
But...she'll lose the leg, and what if something else happens to the other front one?!
Its such a hard decision. Anyone ever had to amputate?