I chose to wait until after Honeys first heat as I wanted her to grow and mentally mature a bit more.
I researched all of the risks involving cancer, pyo etc. IMO, it is better to wait - the risk of cancer is still very very slim, your dog is less likely to suffer from spay incontinence, vaginitis and bone disorders & other conditions.
I just found this online - risks of an early spay;
Increased barking and aggression toward people and dogs.
The likelihood of getting hemangiosarcoma is increased by 5 times.
Triples the risk of hypothyroidism.
If done before one year increases the risk of osteosarcoma.
Increases the risk of orthopedic disorders, possibly including hip dysplasia.
Recurrent urinary tract infections.
Increases the risks of adverse reactions to vaccines.
Increases the risk of obesity by 1.6 - 2 times.
BUT, and I have a big butt
it is totally your decision, it is what you feel comfortable with! There are so many pro's and con's on both sides Hun.
Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App