Chihuahua People Forum banner

Photos from the chi meetup in Austin

1K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  nabi 
#1 ·
All photos I took can be seen in Cooper's photo gallery at http://www.coopers-kennel.com/Gallery/meetup0905.

Here's just a few! There were between 30-40 chis at today's meetup!! :shock: I felt like I was at Cindie's house!! :lol:

Cooper and his new friend, Sweet Pea.

Cooper and another friend whose name I've already forgotten... ack.. I almost remembered!!

Sweat Pea (brown & white) and Sugar (white) checkin' what's in the bag!

And this is 9-week old Raven, a pug & chi mix... so teeny!! You can tell how small she by the shoe and Cooper standing behind her. She used me as her 'safe place' when the other dogs would start scaring her... I almost put her in my pocket and walked out with her but her momma found out my plan and put a stop to it. :( :lol:

Oh... I can't forget this photo... it's the best one!!! The treat lady!!

See less See more
#5 ·
There's always a treat lady at these meetups. :lol:

Cooper looks happy to be out after his recent home confinement resulting from his dastardly deeds. :roll:

Has your meetup group said anything about charging a monthly fee? My group initially said it would be $2-3 a month, which would be fine. Then the re-did their math and figured it would be more like $12 a month. It's not worth it to me for that amount of money. I wouldn't mind if Lily really loved it but she doesn't. If she didn't have daycare and the company of other dogs all week, I'd keep going to the meetups until she either started enjoying them or begged me to stop. :lol:

#9 ·
Cooper said:
:shock: I felt like I was at Cindie's house!! :lol:
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

It's not surprising that every day seems like a chihuahua meet up at my house!
But i do wish there was one close to me. That would be so much fun!!! :)

Awww,,,love the pictures and there's Ma' Boy! :love1: You guys have no idea how sweet Cooper is til you see and hold him in person! :love7: Don't ever listen to anything she says about him ever being naughty because THAT KIND of precious isn't capable of being naughty! lolololol!

#14 ·
Rachael... Chris and Amy pay all the fees and don't ask for a thing from us, other than we bring our chis to the meetups. They're really great people - I wish everyone in the world was like them; it would be a much nicer planet to live on.

Tucker ... go to http://www.meetup.com and do a search for chihuahua and your area. I know SanFran has a TON of dog groups there and doggie activities and there are even groups for small dogs only. I'll see if I can find the link I've got for SanFran dog stuff and post it later.

And Cooper and I are in the photo... I linked it directly from the chi meetup site. I'll save it to my computer and see if I can enlarge it enough to see people... then put a big red arrow pointing to me and the little punk known as Cooper.

Oh... and Jolie's Mom is right... Cooper is a very sweet and good boy... 99% of the time.

#18 ·
There was an article in the paper a month or two ago about chihuahuas and their popularity over the last several years. After that, people started popping out of the woodwork and coming to the meetups here.

You might call the local paper and see if you can get some publicity somehow for your group... you'd be surprised at all the chi owners out there that show up!

#19 ·
sjc said:
Looks like a really awesome Meetup Group! We have a really good organizer here in Okla---not that many people ever come though! :eek: It is a lot of fun and a good way to meet other Chi-nuts like me! :D Those are great pictures by the way!
Where and when do you meet?

#22 ·
Awww!! great pictures! I wish I would've been able to take some. I met a few people as they were leaving...lol! We actually stayed until like 2:30 just talking to Chris and his friend, can't remember his name, but hes in one of your pix on the far right. They are SO nice!! I really can't wait to go to the next one! Chris said that it'll be somewhere else. Are you going to the "Day of the Dead" parade? I want too! Supposedly theres a big part of it with a lot of people walking their chihuahuas, hahaha that'll be lots of fun! I hope i have the money to go, .....gas is killer since we have to drive such a long way. Oh well. its worth it! Cooper ur so cute!! I wish Lex could of met you!! We got next time! :D :D :D

#23 ·
We won't be at the Dia de los Muertos parade because we'll be in Tacoma Washington at the Alice Cooper concert that day.

Cooper and I are leaving town on October 16th to drive up to Vancouver BC for the Alice Cooper "Canadian Tour", then down the west coast, ending in Anaheim CA for the Halloween show. We won't be home until about November 3 or 4.

My friends and I do this every year, following Alice's tour for about 2-4 weeks. I have to get there a day early to pick them up from the airport since they're going to fly in from NYC and we're going to drive my car all over. I'm so glad gas prices are sky high!!

Okay, maybe that was a little more information than you needed. LOL

We will be at the October meetup though!!

#24 ·
Cooper said:
We won't be at the Dia de los Muertos parade because we'll be in Tacoma Washington at the Alice Cooper concert that day.

Cooper and I are leaving town on October 16th to drive up to Vancouver BC for the Alice Cooper "Canadian Tour", then down the west coast, ending in Anaheim CA for the Halloween show. We won't be home until about November 3 or 4.

My friends and I do this every year, following Alice's tour for about 2-4 weeks. I have to get there a day early to pick them up from the airport since they're going to fly in from NYC and we're going to drive my car all over. I'm so glad gas prices are sky high!!

Okay, maybe that was a little more information than you needed. LOL

We will be at the October meetup though!!
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

So Oma's not an Alice cooper fan? Do you get to take Cooper to the concert?

#26 ·
JOLIE'SMOM said:
So Oma's not an Alice cooper fan? Do you get to take Cooper to the concert?
OmaKitty IS an Alice Cooper fan but I'm not gonna take her ... are you kidding me??!!! :lol: The world's not ready for that much cat puke. :shock:

OmaKitty will be spending three weeks at Grandma and Grandpa's house, living the life of luxury with her one true love, her Grandma.

Cooper won't be attending any concerts unless there's one outdoors and we can hang in the back. Most likely, he'll just watch Animal Planet in the hotel rooms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.