Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Glass for freezer storage + Pig Organ Size
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 03:15 AM
chi god/godess

Name: Annie
Default Glass for freezer storage + Pig Organ Size

I promise pig organs and glass storage containers are a little bit related. At least in my life.

I have always disliked using plastic, and plastic bags are a big waste so I was thinking of switching to glass storage for freezer stuff. A lot of glass/pyrex containers say freezer safe- but has anyone actually done this with success?

I just got a new upright freezer and I want to order a bunch of stuff to start organization in there off right. In the next month or so I am getting all the offal off a whole pig, meat for me to eat off the same pig, two goats (i'm keeping the shoulders for people dinner and the rest is for the dogs) and I found a local distributor from Oma's pride so I am trying out a few of their products too. Plus if there is room left I really want to order some steaks and cabob meat for me locally. So everything will need butchered, organized, organs separated, dog stuff portioned out etc... And I am TRYING to do it all without plastic.

I got a coupon from Wag.com to use one of their other "family" sites and since they have free shipping I was thinking of getting a bunch of glass tupperware type stuff from Casa.com But I dunno, glass in a freezer? Anyone with personal experience using glass and such in the freezer let me know.

Also in trying to prepare as far as tupperware size- has anyone gotten whole pig organs? How big are they? Any idea what other offal I should expect?