Chihuahua People Forum banner

Coco died :(((((((((

15K views 176 replies 56 participants last post by  Kalisee 
#1 · (Edited)
I can't believe it. I'm in shock. I've been crying for hours to the point of feeling sick. Me and my partner are gone on holiday and had a friend look after her. She ran away when a delivery came and got run over. I'm so angry and so sad. Now we're abroad, distraught and can't do anything. I wish we had never gone on holiday. I can't believe I'll never see her again. She was the best dog I've ever had. She was my everything since we've had her.

When we left, I asked her to give me a kiss and she knew we were leaving so she turned her head and refused to kiss me. I can't believe this is the last memory of her I'll ever have. This may seem silly to some people, but she was like my baby and I'm so hurt, no words can't quite describe how I feel. :sad7::sad7::sad7:

She was only a year old, she was taken from us so soon. She was such an amazing dog. We kept saying how we can't imagine our life without her. I can't believe we didn't get to know her for longer. I'm not sure we'll ever be able to replace her...

One of the last pictures taken of me and her.

See less See more
#13 ·
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a member of the family is always incredibly difficult, but to have it be so unexpected... I cannot imagine the pain you are feeling. Please know that she will always be with you in your heart. You gave her the best life and all of your love, which I am sure she knew. My heart goes out to you.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#23 ·
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate you taking the time to write supportive messages. I've been crying on and off for so many hours, can't get to sleep.

I just can't believe it. I feel like it's my fault, that I should I have asked someone else to take care of her. She was such a healthy and happy little girl, to lose her so young and in such a tragic way makes me feel so sick, like I failed her.

#27 ·
I really feel for your situtaion, so much. I was as odd as it might sound prescribed a dog by my doctor because I also have depression and anxiety issues. So my family helped me a lot and got me a dog a Chi who i named Millie and i loved her to bits I only had her for a few months when without going into a really long story she passed away because some nasty neighbor had an issue with me poisoned her she was only 7 months old...
And needless to say it broke my heart I was a mess.
And I really wasnt sure I could love another pet as I loved her. Then my awesome sister found me Winifred and my heart made room for her faster then I could have ever thought. I still miss Millie still love her so much and thinking about what happened still hurts, but Winnie makes it better she is my baby and I know Millie wouldnt want me sad. As hard as it can be sometimes I try and think of just the Happy times with her because thats whats really worth remembering....
I'm truly very sorry for your loss, I feel for you

#33 ·
Oh my god, I can't believe your neighbour did that!! How horrible and disgusting! :( I'm glad to hear that you found happiness with another dog though. I looked at the pictures. She's such a cutie. I also got Coco partly because of depression and anxiety issues and she helped me so much. I can't believe she's gone. The thought of getting another chihuahua hurts me so much... but even if I wanted to, I can't afford another one anytime soon.

It's such a horrible situation to be in, for one I would want to kill the friend. And I'd want to know what happened but also not know at the same time. Poor,poor you xx

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I certainly do want to kill that friend right now. We called the vet to know the full situation... and they told us that she was hit by a car but not enough to cause any noticeable injury, but she was already dead when found. So we don't really know what happened. :(

any dog owners worst nightmare = im so sorry for your loss and the pain you are enduring but im betting that the person responsible for this tragic accident is feeling equally as bad - if I were in her shoes I would not be able to face you again !!
Yes the 2 people responsible for looking after her are distraught. It was a friend and his sister. I don't think I want to see his sister ever again tbh. As for the friend, he's really upset and feels very guilty. No amount of sorry from them is going to fix this though. :(

I didn't sleep at all last night and my eyes are burning from crying. We tried to carry on with the holiday despite what happened, but we just found ourselves lying on the beach crying. -_-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.