11-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Thanked 60 Times in 43 Posts
We’re excited to announce that additional features has been added and improvements were made to the enhanced mobile view.
Thanks to the feedback that everyone has provided, we were able to tailor the mobile view to better fit forum members’ needs and fix a few bugs along the way.
A few of the new features that were added includes:
- Completely replacing the PM system with one that better matches what members see in the desktop version.
- A pull-to-refresh functionality has been added on all appropriate pages in addition to the refresh already available in the overflow menu.
- A new scrolling feature has been added so that if the user starts scrolling the screen prior to an auto-scroll happening (like moving to a post per the current read position), the auto-scroll is cancelled so the user is not fighting with it.
- There is now a font size preview in the Font Size settings page so the members would know what to expect.
- Sticky topics can now be hidden from within the page where they are being viewed
- The vote count on poll results has been animated to count up along with the bar graph animations that were already present.
Now on to some of the fixes we that have implemented:
- After sharing a photo from the media viewer, the user will not be returned to the media viewer instead of the topic.
- PMs will now be correctly marked as viewed and word-wrapped.
- The forum will now work with iOS Safari if the user had opted to block all cookies.
- Double-tapping buttons or links will no longer cause functionality to execute twice.
- The text in the header is now re-sizing correctly when members are scrolling through the page or opening the side menu.
Please give this newly improved version of the mobile view a try and feel free to let us know what you think in the feedback thread.
**Please let us know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.