Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Opinions, thoughts and experience on adding a 3rd...please
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 10:34 PM
chi god/godess

Name: Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiluv04 View Post
Hi Michele! Miss you and my Carolina pics around here. It's good to have you back. Sounds like you've been crazy busy!

Well you know what I'm going to say. I had 2 chi's for a couple years before adding the third and I too had all of the same worries. Once we got over the hurdle of acceptance from my two chi's to this new addition I brought into their lives, I must say the experience turned out better than I could've imagined and I wonder why I had so many worries in the first place. It did take a long while ( few months) for my most attached to me chi Bailey to accept Braxton. Having 3 made it easier for me to add a 4th. And frankly...Brax grew up to be opposite of her outgoing puppy personality, she's a very sweet, quiet, easy going adult. Once I brought in Ava, everyone got used to her pretty quickly. Ava sounds like Carolina in that she really is a mommas girl, if she's in my lap she thinks it is solely hers. But still I say we have just as nice a balance as a 4 chi household as we did as 3 and 2. Remember that everyone will find their place eventually. And you don't know with the new pup where she may fall in your household, she may be more of a loner like Brax lol, or independent like Kendall. Whatever the case, it'll work out. And there's a reason this breeder thinks this chi is a great fit for you. Sounds like you have everything to offer and this chi has everything to gain so I say go for it.
I had a feeling you would say something like that. Thanks for the encouraging words. Carolina and Ava do sound a lot a like, being momma girls. I am afraid adding number 3 would open the door for 4, haha. I really have a lot to think about.