Chihuahua People Forum banner

Curious

786 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Huly 
#1 ·
Hello all

I have a 7 month chihuahua girl sweet little thing and just got her fixed.
I'm wondering if this is odd or not because I'm puzzled.
Every morning she would come out of her bed and go directly to her pee pad and do her business but through out the day she goes pee and poo beside her pad or elsewhere in the apartment, can someone please tell me if that's normal.

Thank you all

#3 ·
I'd start house/training again. Start just like you did . I recommend a pen with room in it for a large pee pad (disposable 30x36",or a washable one, same size. She can't make a mistake, 'cause the pad is there. She may feel somehow that the surgery made her feel a little unwell. How soon did this start after the surgery?

#4 ·
I would do as Susan said and maybe restart training. Sort of go back to the basic so she doesn't get any bad habits started. Sometimes like Christie said they do develop some "quirks." When we first got our Maltese, we already had our spot for the puppy pads because we already had our chihuahua, but she preferred a spot in the dining room. We put a puppy pad in that spot. We made sure though she used that pad (or, of course, one of the others) she couldn't go anywhere she wanted to. After a while we slowly moved that pad then removed it because we really didn't want one there.
Also, one of our dogs prefers to stay around the sides of the pad. She's still on it, but sometimes it's close.

#5 ·
My dog dislikes pee pads, but uses a Piddle Place without issue. I even put fake grass over the pee pads. I think the smell of a dirty pad turns him off, while for some reason the Piddle Place doesn't bother him, even though it stores way more pee. Training remediation is never a bad idea for these things, of course!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.