Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - cloning what do you think?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 12:35 AM
chi god/godess

I agree with cloning to an extent. It's potential to save lives is phenomenal (imagine being able to clone an organ that is a perfect match for people in desperate need ... like heart, liver, even blood transplants, etc.). I think that's great, to clone the person's own organs to save their life. However I don't think it's right to recreate an entire living organism. In one respect it's just specifically selecting the dna you want to use to build an organism, however the problem is a lot of people will want to use it for the wrong reasons (replacing a lost pet, and things like that). That I don't agree with. A pet shouldn't be a replacement. I think a lot of things that are going on in the world right now are just to show that we can do it ... and I don't agree with that. In a way it is playing God. If it's used for the right things I think it can be great, although knowing the way the world is, it most certainly won't be used for the right things =/