Should I keep or return the blankets?

• Keep

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • Return

Votes: 2 9.1%

Ecko and Mimi's New Blankets ~ Opinion Needed

839 views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Waiushaoting 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have been looking for new blankets to put into Ecko and Mimi's Juicy carriers. After looking through a bunch of sites I decided on getting Oscar Newman's Striped Candy Security Blankies. I got a pink for Mimi and a caramel for Ecko.

Well I received the blankets in the mail today, but I was unhappy with the size of it. The Oscar Newman's website advertised the blanket to be 18" X 20", but when I measured the ones I received they were only 17" X 18". The blankets are really pretty and soft, but I feel disappointed with size of the blanket.

So do you guys think I should keep it or return it?

Here are pictures of it:

Stripes on front.

Hearts on the back.

Ecko and Mimi with the blankets.

See less See more
#17 ·
That would be nice if they did give me a free one!

Maybe it's like lumber..."2x4s are not actually 2 inches by 4 inches. When the board is first rough sawn from the log, it is a true 2x4, but the drying process and planing of the board reduce it to the finished 1.5x3.5 size." LOL
that's hilarious that you even thought of that...LOL :tongue4:
yeah I agree this comment made me laugh, but I dont think it is the same with blankets lol.

I think it depends on whether the blankets will do what you bought them for. How do they fit the carriers? If they're fine in the carriers, you like them & the quality, and the pups like them, then keep them, but do complain.

If you don't like the quality and they don't fit the carriers, which is what you bought them for, then I'd complain and return for a full refund.

They are very pretty and look warm.
Yes they do fit what I bought them for so I guess that is all that matters.

I'd keep them too. I have one like it and my girls love it. Though I agree that you should contact the company and let them know that the size is smaller than advertised. Maybe they come in different sizes and they sent you the wrong ones.
Oh really you have the same ones? How big is yours?

So after reading everyones comments and seeing the poll I've decided to keep the blankets, but I am definitely going to contact the company to let them know about the false size that is listed on the site. Thank you all for helping me out with my decision. ^^

#7 ·
Maybe it's like lumber..."2x4s are not actually 2 inches by 4 inches. When the board is first rough sawn from the log, it is a true 2x4, but the drying process and planing of the board reduce it to the finished 1.5x3.5 size." LOL

I would keep the blankets--they are lovely and Ecko and Mimi seem to really like them. Such cute dogs!

#9 ·
I think it depends on whether the blankets will do what you bought them for. How do they fit the carriers? If they're fine in the carriers, you like them & the quality, and the pups like them, then keep them, but do complain.

If you don't like the quality and they don't fit the carriers, which is what you bought them for, then I'd complain and return for a full refund.

They are very pretty and look warm.

#10 ·
I'd keep them too. I have one like it and my girls love it. Though I agree that you should contact the company and let them know that the size is smaller than advertised. Maybe they come in different sizes and they sent you the wrong ones.

#13 ·
How much were they? If your not 100% happy and they have a return option I would send them back. The pink one is super cute though.

#19 ·
Oh really you have the same ones? How big is yours?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The blanket I have is 18" x 18". It's so super soft. I have a robe from Bath and Body Works, you know, the really soft to touch ones. Whenever I lay that on my bed (instead of hanging it up like I should) the chis are instantly there, curled up and pretending to be asleep. They love it. So, I try to find as many things for them that I can that are similar in softness. I know I'm a selfish mom, but I'm keeping my robe for me. lol

#20 ·
lol isn't it funny that are chis usually like to lay in our things. I am really big on blankets and beds so i try to find the softest blankets and beds i can find. I've noticed that my chis really like faux fur stuff so I've been stocking up on faux fur blankets and beds for the winter. ^^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.