Chihuahua People Forum banner

Ears

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  cherper 
#1 ·
I noticed it seems like leila has a slight smell coming from her ears. I'm not postive though as she is due for a bath.
Is there something special I should do for her ears? I've never messed with them and they've always looked normal and clean inside.

#2 ·
You should regularly check them for mites and infection etc.

Get a cotton wall ball soak it in iodine or betadine and wipe around the inside or try surgical spirit

I'd bath her before her spay coz she will Stink of the vets after and the smell is quite off putting that mixed with dog smell I can't imagine being nice

#3 ·
I am planning on bathing her today or tomorrow for sure as I won't want to get her wet for a while after.
As far as the ears, i don't have iodine or betadine and dont' know what "surgical spirit" is , I imagine we call it something different. I am thinking peroxide would be ok, alcohol is too drying i'd think.
I will try that today. She is such a pistol, i may have to wait until someone else comes home so i have another set of arms. lol ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.