Chihuahua People Forum banner

Belly Bands

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  23083 
#1 ·
Who on here makes them? I saw one called a sling belly band that looks like it would really work for my boys. The regular belly bands just do not fit properly. I really need to get a grip on the weeing all over, it's making hubby and us both nuts! :)

#8 ·
I use those panties you put on girls when they are in heat. Locco does not like having his privates covered with a band and refuses to move so i had to come up with another solution. Have a small size problem though...as usual with Locco so i will have to use the pants i have to make a model better fitted for him and i have to come up with another clever way of making them stay put as id didn't even take him 12 hours to figure out how to get out of them :-O

#10 ·
PUL is a fabric that has been laminated or treated on one side to make it waterproof, but still soft and stretchy. Most people that make diapers for their skin-kids (human babies) use PUL, that's where I got the idea to use it. This makes the belly bands completely washable so you don't have the added expense of pads or diapers every week if you build in a soaker pad. I make my girls panties with it too.

So far, I have only been able to find it at JoAnn's fabric store and online. Here in KY, it costs about $12 per yard. But JoAnn's mails out coupons for 40% off about once a month so that knocks it down to about $7. And that really isn't bad considering how many belly bands you can get cut from a yard.

Cindy

#11 ·
Cindy, Great information. I have sewn all my life and never heard of this. I made Quigley's (he is incontinent due to medical issues) from flannel and lined it with plastic to make the barrier. I am going to see if I can find it at our JoAnnes next time I am there. Thank you!

#13 ·
I'm at super zoo this week, one of the pet industry's biggests annual expos, and i noticed that Oscar Newman is making belly bands. They look like their made out of light terry cloth and embroidered with different sayings.

I didn't ask for pricing on Oscar Newman's belly bands but if they are priced anything like their other products, high end small dog clothing / accessories, it will cost you a pretty penny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.