Chihuahua People Forum banner

Mona Lisa's "birth" mother

1K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  hershey109 
#1 ·
Mona Lisa's breeder was adopting her mother out.....and for some reason :eek: my husband wanted her.

.......so.....we now are a two chi family.

View attachment 7084

and a six dog family!!! holy mackeral.....I must be nuts!!!

Fiona is a very sweet girl, but is having a hard time blending in with the other "kids" in the house. She doesn't even seem to recognize her own puppy. And she hasn't eaten since she got here (this is day 2). I'm sure things will work themselves out with a bit of time.

#3 ·
How wonderful, congratulations! I am sure, with appropiate time, Fiona will make the adjustment to her new home and family. They make a very lovely pair of chi babies.

#5 ·
Awww bless her heart. She'll come around I am sure. Just pretty much ignore her & let her do her own thing. She'll get the hang of your routine in no time...and will begin to eat on her own. She is pretty....I can see where her daughter got her looks from. ;)

#9 ·
Oh wow! Pretty lady!
Congrats! Enjoy her, she's precious.

#13 ·
Oh, I'm soooo excited! She's beautiful--like mother, like daughter. Like everyone said, and I'm sure you know, she'll come around in time. I don't know, but I would think it just takes a little bit longer for adults than puppies to transition to new surroundings. Can't wait to keep hearing how she's doing.

#15 ·
Today was a good day. Fiona ate for the first time since getting here!!! :p
She started out following me everywhere, but I was so busy around the yard....I scrubbed the entire deck - all levels, moved the BBQ grill, dug out the outdoor furniture, cooked Easter dinner for 7....LOL...poor girl gave up on following me and just did her own thing. She also ate her dinner, used the pee pee pad and went outside and did her poopies in our "pee pee land" area.

....so....I guess things will be fine. I can't believe how .....ummmm...chubby the girl is! The breeder said she was 4 lbs and actually she is over 5!!!! :eek: She like a little tank. But so very sweet.

#17 ·
Oh my gosh, you're like my 'dog twin' somehow. When I got my Kahlua, I had her shortly before adopting her mother too. I mean, how can you NOT get the mother of your little baby?! My Kahlua and Eleanor have the same markings as yours but in chocolate and are long coats.
And... and... I have 6 dogs. ;) Seriously... awesome lmao.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.