chis ate rat poison
My husband and I went to the family cottage this weekend and took our two chihuahuas, and our setter with us. Before we got there my dad went in and swept for us and got the cottage ready. He said double checked for traps and poison and didnt find anything. When we got there, both my husband I checked all the floors, under the beds, under furniture, nooks, everything and we both checked several times and didnt find anything....
Saturday night we come back inside the cottage to find one of our chi girls on the bed (the two chihuahuas were in the bedroom with the door closed while we were gone) with a package of rat poison chewed on the bed.
With no cell phone reception / or land lines at the lake my husband had to drive down to my parents' cottage at 10pm that night to use the cell phone as they have a booster and antenna and call several emerg vets with both being over an hour and a half away. Both said to give peroxide - well neither one of them threw up, one even got over 8ml (the 4lb one who was caught with it). Both vets assured us that as long as we came in the next morning (today) we would be in the clear as it gets in the danger zone after 24-48 hrs
Our vet gave them a Vit K1 shot today, and will go again tomorrow to get another K1 shot and said since the type of poison they got into and with the size if them (4lb and 6lb) he said we would of saw bruising already since their ears are so thin and as if now with the two rouns of K1 shots to wait to do the 21 days of vitamin k1 as there hasnt been any signs yet....ahh going to be an interesting few days
Last edited by lovelola; 08-17-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Reason: shorter title