Just wondering about something - Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums
 
Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums


Chihuahua-People.com is the premier Chihuahua Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Go Back   Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums > Chihuahuas > Chi chat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-05-2010, 04:26 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: May 2009
Name: cheryl
Location: IN.
Posts: 5,542
Thanks: 76
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Default Just wondering about something

I was just browsing through hoobly for the heck of it to look at chis for sale and I noticed that a lot of the chi puppies are like 4 or 5 from the same location, which makes sense I guess if they're trying to sell a litter. But then I started noticing that all these are always males that are for sale. Just got me to thinking " gee I wonder if these are puppy mill type/backyard breeder type and they are keeping all their females to breed. I don't know, I just got an odd feeling and wondered if you guys have ever noticed that.
Maybe i'm nuts! lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-05-2010, 04:36 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,356
Thanks: 156
Thanked 181 Times in 159 Posts
Default

Hey!

I'm not sure what Hoobly is.. lol

I guess it's kind of like a Kijiji? if so yep you get ALL sorts on there.
I'm guessing a good few would be BYB, There is a BYB in my province who sells Chi's and she keeps all the girls until around 8 or 9 mos and spays them before selling them.

Your not nuts, I've seen the girl shortage as well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-05-2010, 04:37 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: May 2009
Name: cheryl
Location: IN.
Posts: 5,542
Thanks: 76
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Default

aww poor little girls
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
  #4  
Old 05-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Yoshismom's Avatar
Administrator
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Name: Michelle
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,989
Thanks: 996
Thanked 283 Times in 230 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshismom
Default

I do not like Hoobly at all. You can tell the quality of the Chi's for sale just by looking at the pics I would say that 90% are byb and millers and the other 10% are just people that bred their pets or had an opps litter. JMHO
__________________


RIP Yoshi...You will be forever in my heart as you took most of it with you...

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:47 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: May 2009
Name: cheryl
Location: IN.
Posts: 5,542
Thanks: 76
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Default

I noticed that of the "chis" pictured, most of them do not look like chis at all! It was shocking and kinda funny that they were advertised as chis .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Chihuahua People 2004-2009
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum