BEFORE we resorted to crate training, our great dane mix ate:
- a hole in the wall big enough for a basket ball to fit through
- the framing between the windows
- kitchen cabinets
- a sofa
- a picture frame
- a wooden black cat halloween decoration
- an entire bag of tomatoes and peppers
- anything else he could get his mouth on
We adored that dog! We bought him a kennel when he was about 1 and all of that stopped, he was a wonderful dog and we miss him terribly.
I agree totally w/crate training, out new chihuahua mix is crated when we are not home....otherwise he's free to roam at will. He chewed a wooden bangle bracelet (my fault as it was on the ground)....
We think he's an awesome dog and have had no issues to speak of.