So instead of reading back through my other threads i will just briefly explain whats happened so far.. So the other week Prince started limping (on and off) on his back right leg, we thought he might of just banged it but it didn't seem to be getting any better so we took him into the vets, the vet gave us some anti-inflammatories and told us to come back in a week if it hadn't stopped. Anyway it didn't stop so we went back to the vets to be told he has grade 2 LP on his right leg and grade 1 LP on his left back leg. She wanted to do x-rays as she was considering the surgery path so we got him in a couple of days later to have them, the x-rays shown that his knee caps were rough from all the slipping, his hips weren't great and the bottom of his legs (the bone) aren't straight like they should be which was contributing to the LP. She suggested getting the x-rays sent off specialist for his advice and she would give us a call back later in the week.. She called today to tell us the specialist thinks surgery is the best option for him
Because his whole bottom of his structure is poor, surgery is a lot more complicated. Anyway so we are meeting up with the specialist to find out all the information including the pros and cons of the surgery, we don't have to decide there and then if to get it done but it will just help us with the decision. A lot of people on here say it's possible to manage it but knowing that a specialist has said the best thing is surgery i'm really torn.
Anyway the question i'm asking is has anybody's chi's had this surgery, if so can anybody give me any advice on what to expect? Like pre-op, post-op, just anything relevant really.
Thank you, I feel so sad for my poor baby Prince right now