Teething? - Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums
 
Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums


Chihuahua-People.com is the premier Chihuahua Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Go Back   Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums > Chihuahuas > Chihuahua Health

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:31 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Name: Melissa
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 3,471
Thanks: 189
Thanked 289 Times in 271 Posts
Default Teething?

Mylo seems to have a wobbly tooth. He keeps pushing it with his tongue and pawing at his face on that side. I can see the tooth is a little red around the gum where this tooth is. He's just past 5 months... This is around the time for teething, isn't it? I gave him his bully stick to chew on and I've just given him a frozen rib so see if it helps sooth his gums. Have I done the right thing? Any advice? Thanks
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:50 PM
LostLakeLua's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Name: Kat
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,126
Thanks: 489
Thanked 181 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Yup, I would say he is at the teething age. Whenever we have one at this stage, we feed lots of frozen things; keeps them busy longer and the cold is numbing to them. Just keep an eye on it for any signs of infection; but it should work itself out naturally. =)

Frozen chicken feet, or pig ears (raw) cut into strips and frozen are favorite chews around here that give a good dental workout. Good luck!
__________________
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

facebook.com/rescutopia
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-13-2012, 04:46 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Name: Melissa
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 3,471
Thanks: 189
Thanked 289 Times in 271 Posts
Default

Thanks He seems a little less bothered by it now after chewing on his frozen rib but he's still working at it with his tongue. I feel so sorry for him. I've never dealt with a teething animal or child before.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
  #4  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Kalisee's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Name: Anna
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,412
Thanks: 176
Thanked 252 Times in 223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildthemskywards View Post
Mylo seems to have a wobbly tooth. He keeps pushing it with his tongue and pawing at his face on that side. I can see the tooth is a little red around the gum where this tooth is. He's just past 5 months... This is around the time for teething, isn't it? I gave him his bully stick to chew on and I've just given him a frozen rib so see if it helps sooth his gums. Have I done the right thing? Any advice? Thanks
Kalisee just turned 6 months and has lost 2 teeth this week. We were playing tug of war and "plink!" on the floor and the other one she lost when chewing something.
Not much you can do but give him things to chew on like you would a human child. Frozen things work nicely.

Happy teething, Mylo!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2012, 07:01 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Name: Melissa
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 3,471
Thanks: 189
Thanked 289 Times in 271 Posts
Default

He seems to believing it lone now so I don't know if it's come out or he's just boredom wobbling it. Hope Kalisee is doing well with her teething and not in too much discomfort.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Kalisee's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Name: Anna
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,412
Thanks: 176
Thanked 252 Times in 223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildthemskywards View Post
He seems to believing it lone now so I don't know if it's come out or he's just boredom wobbling it. Hope Kalisee is doing well with her teething and not in too much discomfort.
She is fine so far, she hasn't complained She actually has pretty much stopped biting us which was a big issue at a time...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:01 PM
chi prince/princess
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 787
Thanks: 16
Thanked 37 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Get your last sniffs of puppy breath from Milo, teething is when it fully goes away. Also, just be forewarned, some dogs mouths reek while they're teething because the loose teeth cause a build up of bacteria. So, if Milo gets a stink-mouth, it's okay and normal for a teething dog.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:19 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Name: Annie
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,050
Thanks: 70
Thanked 541 Times in 419 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLakeLua View Post
Yup, I would say he is at the teething age. Whenever we have one at this stage, we feed lots of frozen things; keeps them busy longer and the cold is numbing to them. Just keep an eye on it for any signs of infection; but it should work itself out naturally. =)

Frozen chicken feet, or pig ears (raw) cut into strips and frozen are favorite chews around here that give a good dental workout. Good luck!
Frozen chicken feet were a favorite while Kerrigan was teething. She never went for the toys that were meant to be frozen for teething puppies.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Chihuahua People 2004-2009
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum