Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums

Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums (https://www.chihuahua-people.com/)
-   Chihuahua Pictures (https://www.chihuahua-people.com/chihuahua-pictures/)
-   -   ***Vets visit and new Louisdog!💖*** (https://www.chihuahua-people.com/chihuahua-pictures/175617-%2A%2A%2Avets-visit-new-louisdog-%2A%2A%2A.html)

BasketMichele 04-27-2015 01:33 AM

I hope Lola feels better and the new medicine works for her, long term. It's awful when they don't feel themselves and we feel so helpless.

Carolina has had some nasal congestion this season and I've narrowed it down to an outside environmental trigger. Just not sure what outside is the trigger. I just think this spring is really bad with pollens, molds, etc. Once I closed windows, bought 2, 5 phase air purifiers, rinse her eyes with eye wash and wipe the paws off every time we come in from outside she is back to normal and no more nasal congestion.

I love the new LD on both of them too. I got Carolina the cupcake mon tank too and the eyemon tee. This monster collection is so fun.

Chiluv04 04-27-2015 01:38 AM

550 Attachment(s)
Poor Lola. Sending positive healing vibes to her. She sure looks happy and content hanging out at Leslie's boutique. Her and Moj look great in the new LD tees. It's about time LD started doing some fun things. Ava has both tees, that should arrive tomorrow. I just bought the canned version of the Wild Calling in rabbit. The dogs loved it! We've been experimenting with canned foods. I eventually want to cease kibble as a whole, and do freeze dried and wet food. Best wishes to Lola. I know she will be just fine.

Zorana1125 04-27-2015 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BasketMichele (Post 2206313)
I hope Lola feels better and the new medicine works for her, long term. It's awful when they don't feel themselves and we feel so helpless.

Carolina has had some nasal congestion this season and I've narrowed it down to an outside environmental trigger. Just not sure what outside is the trigger. I just think this spring is really bad with pollens, molds, etc. Once I closed windows, bought 2, 5 phase air purifiers, rinse her eyes with eye wash and wipe the paws off every time we come in from outside she is back to normal and no more nasal congestion.

I love the new LD on both of them too. I got Carolina the cupcake mon tank too and the eyemon tee. This monster collection is so fun.

Thank you! I know, it's the worst feeling!! She's had allergies for years but this year it is just awful. I wish she would eat the honest kitchen w Mimi, it's a much cleaner food but she won't eat anything that's not kibble, she runs from the bowl.
I'm happy to hear you figure out how to manage Carolina's allergies! That's awesome!! I wish I knew what triggered Lola's. I think it's food and environmental for sure bc as soon as my husband's allergies get bad, hers do too.

I love the monster collection too! Material is so light and stretchy! I hope they come out with more!! Would love to see Carolina modeling her new clothes! Did you get it yet?

Zorana1125 04-27-2015 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiluv04 (Post 2206321)
Poor Lola. Sending positive healing vibes to her. She sure looks happy and content hanging out at Leslie's boutique. Her and Moj look great in the new LD tees. It's about time LD started doing some fun things. Ava has both tees, that should arrive tomorrow. I just bought the canned version of the Wild Calling in rabbit. The dogs loved it! We've been experimenting with canned foods. I eventually want to cease kibble as a whole, and do freeze dried and wet food. Best wishes to Lola. I know she will be just fine.

Thanks girl, you know Lola is my problem dog! It's always something, tooth or allergy related. I doubt she will have any teeth left after her next dental this Friday. :(
We just got the boy tees on Friday and then the two cupcake tops from Leslie at her store. I wasn't planning on buying more stuff but I couldn't resist after seeing them in person.

How do u like feeding canned? The Honest kitchen is a similar consistency to canned but it's dehydrated raw, the only problem is its crazy expensive to feed my whole crew. Lola would really benefit from THK or raw but she won't go near it, she will literally run from her bowl like a freak. I'm going to have to soak her kibble soon, I'm afraid. We picked up the wild calling with elk, turkey, and bison, which has been a hit! Leslie gave us samples of the limited ingredient turkey and everyone liked it except Lola, figures. I'm excited to try a new kibble since we have been rotating Fromm for 4 Years now if not longer.

Chiluv04 04-27-2015 02:05 AM

550 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorana1125 (Post 2206353)
Thanks girl, you know Lola is my problem dog! It's always something, tooth or allergy related. I doubt she will have any teeth left after her next dental this Friday. :(
We just got the boy tees on Friday and then the two cupcake tops from Leslie at her store. I wasn't planning on buying more stuff but I couldn't resist after seeing them in person.

How do u like feeding canned? The Honest kitchen is a similar consistency to canned but it's dehydrated raw, the only problem is its crazy expensive to feed my whole crew. Lola would really benefit from THK or raw but she won't go near it, she will literally run from her bowl like a freak. I'm going to have to soak her kibble soon, I'm afraid. We picked up the wild calling with elk, turkey, and bison, which has been a hit! Leslie gave us samples of the limited ingredient turkey and everyone liked it except Lola, figures. I'm excited to try a new kibble since we have been rotating Fromm for 4 Years now if not longer.


I'm glad you posted on here about the Wild Calling. The last canned food I tried was the Merrick and they loved it. But I just did not like the smell of that stuff lol. I have look at THK but the price is why I haven't tried it. They really loved the rabbit canned Wild Calling. Braxton is my picky eater and she dove right in and cleaned her plate. I was really happy to see that. The cans are $2.99 at Two Boston's. I think I'll buy maybe 5 cans next time I go and try them on some different flavors.
Try not to stress about Lola :-(, I know how you get stressed. As long as her spirit is still there then that's all that matters. I hope she likes her kibble wet. I tried that for mine and they didn't like it. Well Bailey will eat anything lol.
I don't blame you for buying the new LD. Way too cute to pass up. I have trouble figuring out sizing for Kendall and Bailey. Especially Kendall. She's 11.5". Bailey is only 10.5" and I think that's why he may get away with small med. Tails should have the new stuff in soon. If like to take Kendall to try it on to figure out her size once and for all. Then I quit for a while lol.

Zorana1125 04-27-2015 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiluv04 (Post 2206361)
I'm glad you posted on here about the Wild Calling. The last canned food I tried was the Merrick and they loved it. But I just did not like the smell of that stuff lol. I have look at THK but the price is why I haven't tried it. They really loved the rabbit canned Wild Calling. Braxton is my picky eater and she dove right in and cleaned her plate. I was really happy to see that. The cans are $2.99 at Two Boston's. I think I'll buy maybe 5 cans next time I go and try them on some different flavors.
Try not to stress about Lola :-(, I know how you get stressed. As long as her spirit is still there then that's all that matters. I hope she likes her kibble wet. I tried that for mine and they didn't like it. Well Bailey will eat anything lol.
I don't blame you for buying the new LD. Way too cute to pass up. I have trouble figuring out sizing for Kendall and Bailey. Especially Kendall. She's 11.5". Bailey is only 10.5" and I think that's why he may get away with small med. Tails should have the new stuff in soon. If like to take Kendall to try it on to figure out her size once and for all. Then I quit for a while lol.

I've never tried canned before, how much do you feed? With stellas on top? Do you think canned is better than kibble?
Leslie just started carrying wild calling, she said it's been around about 2 years but she was waiting to see if it had any recalls, which it hasn't. I just found out Christie on here feeds it to her cat Huly, so I know it's gotta be one of the best.
I still hate LD sizing! These shirts ran bigger than usual, but super cute, you will love them!

Chiluv04 04-27-2015 02:45 AM

550 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorana1125 (Post 2206369)
I've never tried canned before, how much do you feed? With stellas on top? Do you think canned is better than kibble?
Leslie just started carrying wild calling, she said it's been around about 2 years but she was waiting to see if it had any recalls, which it hasn't. I just found out Christie on here feeds it to her cat Huly, so I know it's gotta be one of the best.
I still hate LD sizing! These shirts ran bigger than usual, but super cute, you will love them!


So Kendall and Bailey still mostly get 1/4 cup Fromm, they're not picky and it's what they're used too. Occasionally I crumble Stella's over their Kibble. Braxton will not just eat Kibble. She's the reason I started buying Stella's. She gets a table spoon of Fromm and half a Stella's Patty twice a day. Ava gets the other half along with a tablespoon of kibble. Brax and Ava are exactly 1 lb apart in weight 3.6 and 4.6, so this portion size keeps their weight balanced and satisfies them. When I feed wet food, each of the dogs get a tablespoon each and Ava and Brax still get half a Stella's Patty. Kendall and Bailey's kibble gets reduced by about a teaspoon. I like the texture of the Wild Calling wet food. And it looks VERY FRESH! I was putting plastic wrap over the remainder of the can and my bf made the comment 'wow that canned food smells good' so I think it's a winner. I'm def gonna buy more. I don't know if it's better than kibble yet, but it can't be worse? I'm mainly doing it, because I'd like to see their teeth whiter ( Kendall and Bailey) and keep Ava's and Brax's teeth pearly white.

If those shirts ran bigger than usual, then Kendall might be in luck with the small/med. miss Ava is the only one who's a consistent size in all of the brands. Except with LD she can wear xs in certain tees, button tees, smart tes and brunch tees. All other tees, size small. LD is frustrating lol. Poor Brax is almost a complete miss. She needed to be at least 5 lbs to fit the sm/m I think. Like Elaina's Minnie.

coco_little_bear 04-27-2015 08:00 AM

Aww allergies and losing teeth, poor little Lola! :/ I hope this new medication will help her. She looks so sweet on all these pictures with her little dress and I love the cupcake tops on her. I love the pictures with Mojo too. They are such cuties and look so happy together.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Chihuahua People 2004-2009