I tried to take some good pictures of Venus in her new dress, but she's too active and distracted. These were the ones that were clear enough to post.
I think she needs a smaller size. I was just guessing at what size I would need to make the dress. I had to take the chest in a lot to get the dress to stay on her, but it's still a little big. I'm going to reposition those flowers too. I just tacked them on real quickly to see what they would look like. I might put a big pink bow instead of the flowers.
Back to the drawing board on the dress pattern, but I like the way the edges turned out on the ruffles.
Thanks everybody. I haven't sewn much at all in nearly a year because of my schedule. I was rusty in pattern making and sewing. I guess the good thing is that I'll have a dress pattern for a larger dog. I took that dress in a lot in the chest and a little on the sides. I'm guessing that it would fit a 7 lb to 9 lb dog. Maybe a Mini Dachshund would be the right size.