Puppies are unable to fully control their bladders for a minimum of 8 months and some it takes a year. This is because they are growing and like a toddler need to learn about the "urge" to go versus OMG I just went!
There are no easy answers for you.
The only way that Daisy will get this is through consistency, time and patience. Raising a puppy is not an easy task and every puppy is an individual so you can't fault her for not "getting" this at the same rate as Killer did.
There are numerous options available to you.
FIRST: Have Daisy completed checked by the vet - organ function and blood count panels, urinalysis and fecal tests. Sometimes poor potty habits are an indication of something not right internally. If one of her organs is not functioning properly due to infection, disease etc - it is not her fault. Some conditions are very subtle and symptoms may not appear until it progresses to an advanced stage.
1) Enroll Daisy in a doggie daycare while you are at work. They have scheduled potty times, supervision etc. If you don't want to deal with cleaning out a crate 2x per day - the consider it money well spent.
2) Hire a reputable dog walker to come once or twice while Daisy is home alone. 8 hours is too long - period. I would mess my pants too if I was in her situation.
3) If you wish to continue to use pee-pads, purchase the Savic Trainer Puppy Pad System. It is a holder that puppies cannot get to the pads to shred. Even our most devote shredders have yet to accomplish that.
4) Stick to one method and don't vary it. Daisy needs 110% consistency. Changing her from crate to pen to crate to ... leads to confusion.
5) Feeding schedule. If you control what goes into Daisy you control what comes out of her.
6) Try a litter pan, see if it works she may take to it or may not. Some dogs never use it.
7) Get pack leader status and work on training. Make Daisy work for everything including food. You will have an easier time once you are her pack leader.
Keep her stimulated in her den/crate area. Dogs will mess their areas and destroy them out of boredom. Puzzle toys, Kongs etc.