Has he got the itchies?? Plz Help! - Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums
 
Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums


Chihuahua-People.com is the premier Chihuahua Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Go Back   Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums > Chihuahuas > Chihuahua Questions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-18-2010, 12:47 AM
chi person
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Has he got the itchies?? Plz Help!

12-14 yr young male Chi, flown in from Maricopa County Shelter U.S. two weeks ago here to Canada. Picked him up from the vets last Friday evening. I have never owned a dog before. I am fostering him.

Sometimes he uses his paws to rub his face & licks them (so I know he's cleaning) but other times, he takes his face & plows it into a blanket or bedding. I can't tell if this is just something he does, or if his eyes are bugging him, or maybe his ears.

Maybe he has fleas??? EW & maybe that's why I've developed a rash ( I was thinking food allergies, as I've been having those issues the past week, b4 he arrived in my care. Or maybe I am allergic to dogs as well as cats?!?!?!

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry my bad, I forgot we picked him up on Monday from the Vet. I developed this *rash* on Sunday..., but it still *could be*

Last edited by 6XlegZ; 03-18-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:06 AM
Jerry'sMom's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: May 2009
Name: Therese
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 7,558
Thanks: 12
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6XlegZ View Post
....Sometimes he uses his paws to rub his face & licks them (so I know he's cleaning) but other times, he takes his face & plows it into a blanket or bedding. I can't tell if this is just something he does, or if his eyes are bugging him, or maybe his ears....
you just described my Tabitha. She loves to clean herself like a kitten. She rolls
on her back, licks her paws, and cleans her face. It's incredibly cute. As for the
plowing into the blanket--sounds like burrowing. Most Chi's love to dig in to their
bed or burrow under blankets. It's pretty normal.
Since he traveled by air, he should have had a health certificate. If you still have
concerns about him, check back with your Vet.

Congrats on your new dog
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Yoshismom's Avatar
Administrator
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Name: Michelle
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,989
Thanks: 996
Thanked 284 Times in 230 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Yoshismom
Default

When my guys have runny nose (can be normal) or their eyes water they plow their faces in the covers, they also do this just for fun at times
__________________


RIP Yoshi...You will be forever in my heart as you took most of it with you...

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
  #4  
Old 03-18-2010, 02:27 AM
chi person
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry'sMom View Post
you just described my Tabitha. She loves to clean herself like a kitten. She rolls
on her back, licks her paws, and cleans her face. It's incredibly cute. As for the
plowing into the blanket--sounds like burrowing. Most Chi's love to dig in to their
bed or burrow under blankets. It's pretty normal.
Since he traveled by air, he should have had a health certificate. If you still have
concerns about him, check back with your Vet.

Congrats on your new dog
Yes, they're neutered/spayed, micro-chipped, & a few other things, I cannot find the list for. Although they had a check-up with the Vet Monday, all that Vet did, was tell us what may be ailing them & Since I am just fostering right now, & he is not mine ( although I was interested in adopting him) I suspect the adopters would get other stuff checked into more thoroughly.

Thanks for your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshismom View Post
When my guys have runny nose (can be normal) or their eyes water they plow their faces in the covers, they also do this just for fun at times
He's had a runny eye...so maybe that's the culprit! Plus I notice when he does this, he is VERY excited too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-18-2010, 10:58 AM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 3,056
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Cookie does that when he's feeling playful. He'll rub his head on the floor or on the bed. He does that when he's feeling lively and playful.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-18-2010, 11:00 AM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 3,056
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6XlegZ View Post
Yes, they're neutered/spayed, micro-chipped, & a few other things, I cannot find the list for. Although they had a check-up with the Vet Monday, all that Vet did, was tell us what may be ailing them & Since I am just fostering right now, & he is not mine ( although I was interested in adopting him) I suspect the adopters would get other stuff checked into more thoroughly.

Thanks for your feedback!



He's had a runny eye...so maybe that's the culprit! Plus I notice when he does this, he is VERY excited too.
yeah just like Cookie my 14 year old. He gets playful and does it.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Chihuahua People 2004-2009
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum