Important Question - need advice - Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums
 
Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums


Chihuahua-People.com is the premier Chihuahua Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Go Back   Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums > Chihuahuas > Chihuahua Questions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-23-2010, 10:27 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Name: Dawn
Location: Northampton
Posts: 2,755
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Deme
Default Important Question - need advice

I have een in touch with a breeder ad she has a beautiful little cream boy for sale and looking at him he is perfect for showing, everything seems right, the breeder has answered all my questions and supplied loads of photos via email.

Two things

The breeder is in cornwall, at least a 4 hour drive if the traffic is good otherwise longer.

Jake is gonna be poorly for at least 4 months and my motherly intuition is telling me I should wait till Jake is over his operations before considering bringing another dog into the house.

I also at first wanted a bitch but this little boy is beautiful, he is also a solid cream and I was thinking more in the lines of a Blue or Red Fawn but then when you see a dog you like all other ideas go out the window.

That happened with my horse, I didn't want
A chestnut
Anything with white socks
Nothing under 4 years of age
Not a full Hackney

My horse has all four of what I never wanted lol

The cream dog is ready to go now but I do know her dog has also just mated with her friends two bitches so her pups will be ready in about 3-4 months pending on how old she lets them go.

What would you do....
__________________


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-23-2010, 10:34 PM
chi prince/princess
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern NSW, Australia
Posts: 614
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If i was you i would just wait until the litters are born and get one of them as Jake would be on the mend by then. Either way it's up to you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2010, 10:36 PM
chi-aholic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 460
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jade_carr
Default

personally i'd wait. I mean jake might want to play and if you end up having to keep them separate it might ruin the relationship between them as the new little boy wont have known jake from being young.

but totally your choice hun,
xx
__________________


thanks mandy for my beautiful siggy!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
  #4  
Old 03-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Administrator
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: May 2005
Name: Kay
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 6,452
Thanks: 176
Thanked 87 Times in 79 Posts
Send a message via AIM to KayC
Default

I think I would wait as well. Little Jake may feel left out if he can't run and play with the little fellow. You want him to be able to heal up as soon as possible. That's just MOP.
__________________

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lifes whole
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-24-2010, 12:59 AM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Halfmoon NY
Posts: 4,837
Thanks: 230
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via MSN to lynx8456
Default

I would most definitely wait for Jake's sake. Jake is gonna need a lot of extra care and attention and he is suppose to be relaxed and quiet for almost 4 months. A new puppy will cause stress, anxiety and changes in Jake's environment that he will have a tough time handling while on the mend. He may not like sharing his mom either!
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-24-2010, 01:14 AM
chi person
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

test test is this working
__________________
Virgil Spells & Ms. Tia

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-24-2010, 01:46 AM
lilbabyvenus's Avatar
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Name: Samantha
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,188
Thanks: 57
Thanked 389 Times in 371 Posts
Default

I would go with your instincts. If you think it may be best to wait until Jake is doing better and is recovered, then maybe you should wait. A woman's instinct is *almost* always right
__________________
Venus (born August 25, 2011)
Ocean (grew her wings July 25, 2014)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-24-2010, 08:43 AM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Name: Dawn
Location: Northampton
Posts: 2,755
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Deme
Default

I have been thinking all night.. and have decided to wait and your replies show that is the right decision. I'll email the breeder and thank her for her time and explain why now I can't take on another dog.

Cheers

Deme
__________________


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Chihuahua People 2004-2009
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum