Urgent advice needed
The puppy I'm getting is 12 weeks and the woman said she was thinking about keeping the puppy but decided against it. She was really nice while I was asking her about the puppy. As soon as I'd sent the deposit she became very short with me and then she ended up having some argument with a woman on the group. She seemed to be in the right so I ignored the bad feeling that was growing. I said that I was in work till 10 so I'd discuss when I wanted to get the puppy from her with my OH and then get back to her in the morning. She said that she needed to know right now because its short notice and if not she could give the puppy to a woman from London who was 'begging' for her and refund my deposit. I thought about it and decided that u liked the puppy enough to go with it. The woman, I say woman but she's 21 and acts younger. She's rather arrogant and self obsessed but she does seen to love her dogs, especially this one that she posts pics of every day and calls her baby. So we agreed that she would reduce the price and get her first vaccination done before sat included in the price. She sends me a message tonight saying that she phoned the vets and they wouldn't do just one vaccine. I said that was a shame because I wanted her to have it done there so she wasn't having the stress of moving and then getting shots and that it's odd because mine does just one and its common practice for a breeder to get first injection. She said that it was because it was a veterinary hospital and the others settled in fine. She led me to believe that this was the only puppy that didn't have vaccines because if her size. I said it was fine and asked if we could reduce the price accordingly. She said no, she's reduced enough and if I want my money back that's fine.
I don't know if she's not very nice when dealing with people, whether she doesn't want to let the dog go now or if she wants to sell to this other woman for full price. I like the dog and one cuter hasn't come up but I don't have an 'I have to have her' feeling. My bad feeling keeps getting worse. I was half expecting her to turn up without any vaccine card and I believe that she never intended to get it. Should I ask for my deposit back?
Sorry for the ramble and any typos... I'm typing this quickly on my phone at work because I want to get a decision to her ASAP. Thanks.