This is a dilemma I find myself in
I have two long-term foster cats who will be with me until they go to Rainbow Bridge. For the past three years hubby Neil and I have been fostering the old and abused cats...running a retirement home it often feels like
We get SO much satisfaction in giving these oldies love and warmth and a full belly for what is often the first time in their lives - we spoil them rotten! Some have only been with us 3 weeks and others 14 months before health issues rear their ugly head and we have to let them go to The Bridge. Our current two have Feline Leukaemia Virus (FeLV) which means their immune system is weakened and it's highly unlikely either will live until their teens....all because their first humans didn't neuter and vaccinate!
But I digress....
I'm planning to get my longed-for Chihuahua in the coming months and partly want a puppy so he/she can be brought up with the cats.....but on the other hand I'd feel guilty because there are so many Chihuahuas in rescue.....so what do I do.....
I've been a member of the British Chihuahua Club for 2 years now and am SO tempted to fill in an adoption form for the Breed Rescue.....right now instead of waiting until March/April 2014
I keep telling myself there's a waiting list for the dogs so there's no reason why I would get my dog (or dogs....wouldn't split them up if there were two or even three) straight away anyway......but Murphy's Law WOULD probably just so happen to have a couple of cat-friendly dogs in at the precise moment my application landed