1) Am I right in thinking you can not KC Reg a cross breed - even if the mix was used way back in the dogs line etc? - So if a dog is KC it is basically prooving that the dog is a pedigree etc?
- Nope, cross breeds can't be KC reg regardless who there ancestors are.
2) Can you not KC Reg a Chihuahua puppy if one parent was long haired and the other was short haired?
- You can't breed a smooth coat x long coat as they are classed as two different breeds, it's like breeding a Pomeranian x Chihuahua.
3) Can you not KC Reg a puppy if it has broken its leg etc and needed an operation?
- Unfortunately anyone can KC reg a puppy/litter as long as both parents are KC.
3) 'How' are the KC able to 'proove' a puppy belongs to whom the owner/breeder says they belong to for the paperwork? (ie I could inform them a litter belonged to my two KC Reg dogs - how do they know im telling the truth and that is the dogs heritage?)
- There is no "proof" as such however in saying that you can ask your breeder to do DNA tests, accredited breeders are asked to DNA all there breeding stock.
Im from the UK so I dont know if theres different rules for US/UK Reg's?
(I couldnt find much info easily on the KC website)
- I'm from the United Kingdom