Being female is such hard work - Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums
 
Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums


Chihuahua-People.com is the premier Chihuahua Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Go Back   Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums > Off-Topic > Diet, fitness, health and beauty

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-26-2010, 10:18 AM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Name: Sarah
Location: London/Kent
Posts: 7,637
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Being female is such hard work

Ok so I'm sitting here with a loaf of hair dye in my roots I hate colouring my hair but can't afford a salon right now.. Normally I have my eyebrows threaded but saving money so gotta pluck them took my acrylics off and need to shave my legs... I'm painting a really pretty picture aren't I lol

I hate being female at times I'm not one of those naturally pretty women I have to work hard to look half respectable I've kinda let myself go recently gone back to being naturally ugly and thought I should make some sort of effort!!!

I use to have a face full of makeup perfectly styled hair, polished nails, always in heels and dressed well.

I've turned into a proper slob greasy hair unplucked brows, nasty nails and just look plain rough

I think I might paint my stumpy nails later too
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 08-26-2010, 12:57 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Name: Teresa aka Terri
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Posts: 10,596
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

LOL Sara, i feel your pain!
Am sure you are not as bad as you describe though.

I have been too lazy to do all the makeup and nails etc... lately, plus havin a new pup doesnt give me much time.LOL
I always dye my own hair though since i have done that for years and anytime i have let a salon they have missed bits.
It is hella long and thick and i hate that job, but needs must. lol
Sometimes i enjoy just pampering myself.

I wore full makeup etc.. when i went to pick up Dillon, not goin out makeup but still took a while, and it felt nice although when i got home i could not wait to get it all off and let my skin breathe again, and get into my nighty haha!!

The next time i will be really done up will be in October for my neice's wedding.
I have a cool 50's style polka dot dress and Bolero to match and all red accessories, will have 2 red flowers in my hair, red lippy the lot hehe!!
I am sure to feel good about myself that day.
It's been a while since i went all out like that.
Will get my hair trimmed and styled and get my nails done too while am at it.
On the day of the wedding i am doing my Neice's makeup so be a real early rise for me.

Life just gets in the way these days eh?
I miss goin to my best pals once a week and doin the whole girlie pampering session, but she moved away and got married. Some people eh, Stinks!! lol
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:02 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Name: Lisa
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,436
Thanks: 228
Thanked 451 Times in 420 Posts
Default

You girls are soooo funny!! I can relate totally! I'm doing a hair straightening today myself. I have a 25 year class reunion in Sept. Gonna put fake nails on because I bite mine to little stubs, then cause my hairs so long gonna either try to butcher it myself or find someone to cut it which never pleases me but will do. Mother of 3 5-year olds & one is my Chi Midgie doesn't leave much time for poor little me, but that's o.k. cause I'm VERY happy with my girls!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
  #4  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:11 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Name: Nat (Stormchi Chihuahuas)
Location: Bexhill, East Sussex, UK
Posts: 1,459
Thanks: 6
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

haha! I barely do anything other than brush my hair to be all done. I'm not one of those people who looks good without makeup, I just refuse to wear it unless its a wedding or something similar, and even then its only a little bit of gloss and some eye shadow! (and very very very occasionally putting pink streaks in my hair)

I dont really put much into my appearence at all - My sisters the one who does that!
__________________

MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT - Come find us!!!

Pippi - 9 Year old Chihuahua/Pug mix
Maisie - 4 year old Longcoat Chihuahua
Shelby - 2 year Longcoat Chihuahua
Yoda - 2 year Longcoat Chihuahua
Skye - 11 month old Longcoat Chihuahua
Blaize - 11 month old Longcoat Chihuahua
Spike - 11 month old Longcoat Chihuahua
Oliver - 11 month old special needs Longcoat Chihuahua


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:14 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,356
Thanks: 156
Thanked 181 Times in 159 Posts
Default

LOL I feel your pain Sarah! I have to do something with my hair this week, thankfully my good friend is a stylist with Tony & Guy so I just go to her house when she is off.
I find the acrylics so harsh on the natural nail beds! every time I take them off my own nails are like paper for a few weeks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:20 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Name: Sarah
Location: London/Kent
Posts: 7,637
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri View Post
LOL Sara, i feel your pain!
Am sure you are not as bad as you describe though.

I have been too lazy to do all the makeup and nails etc... lately, plus havin a new pup doesnt give me much time.LOL
I always dye my own hair though since i have done that for years and anytime i have let a salon they have missed bits.
It is hella long and thick and i hate that job, but needs must. lol
Sometimes i enjoy just pampering myself.

I wore full makeup etc.. when i went to pick up Dillon, not goin out makeup but still took a while, and it felt nice although when i got home i could not wait to get it all off and let my skin breathe again, and get into my nighty haha!!

The next time i will be really done up will be in October for my neice's wedding.
I have a cool 50's style polka dot dress and Bolero to match and all red accessories, will have 2 red flowers in my hair, red lippy the lot hehe!!
I am sure to feel good about myself that day.
It's been a while since i went all out like that.
Will get my hair trimmed and styled and get my nails done too while am at it.
On the day of the wedding i am doing my Neice's makeup so be a real early rise for me.

Life just gets in the way these days eh?
I miss goin to my best pals once a week and doin the whole girlie pampering session, but she moved away and got married. Some people eh, Stinks!! lol
You can see my full face makeup on FB.. ah man i miss the days of smokey eyes and eyelashes.. i love feeling nice but like you i love a bare face i hate the feel of make up on my face!!!

You're going to look gorgeous i love red lippy.. lol must post a pic of my red lippy i have big lips so they look like pillar box red its fab!!

Maybe when i go out on Sunday i might put a face of make up on depending if i get up early enough.. my roots have gone now.. its just drying naturally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodard2009 View Post
You girls are soooo funny!! I can relate totally! I'm doing a hair straightening today myself. I have a 25 year class reunion in Sept. Gonna put fake nails on because I bite mine to little stubs, then cause my hairs so long gonna either try to butcher it myself or find someone to cut it which never pleases me but will do. Mother of 3 5-year olds & one is my Chi Midgie doesn't leave much time for poor little me, but that's o.k. cause I'm VERY happy with my girls!!
I have a 10 year old who is v hard work.. and i use to work 55 hours a week and still have time to beautify myself.. need to start caring again i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natti View Post
haha! I barely do anything other than brush my hair to be all done. I'm not one of those people who looks good without makeup, I just refuse to wear it unless its a wedding or something similar, and even then its only a little bit of gloss and some eye shadow! (and very very very occasionally putting pink streaks in my hair)

I dont really put much into my appearence at all - My sisters the one who does that!
No Offence meant but you are like my worst nightmare!!! When i was younger i use to be terrible so into my appearance i suppose it just means you're comfortable in your own skin.. im not im very very self conscious if i have no make up on!! I look ROUGH ROUGH and about 18 years old ha ha although thats quite a good thing really.

Why do you refuse to wear it?? I find that quite bizarre.. i know people who won't wear it because they dont know how to apply it properly and that is a big thing with make up.. (omg Terri see told you i should do your job!!!)

IMO everyone could do with a make over!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:21 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Name: Sarah
Location: London/Kent
Posts: 7,637
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyD View Post
LOL I feel your pain Sarah! I have to do something with my hair this week, thankfully my good friend is a stylist with Tony & Guy so I just go to her house when she is off.
I find the acrylics so harsh on the natural nail beds! every time I take them off my own nails are like paper for a few weeks.
Ive had mine off for about a month still not growing ha ha ha ha ha.. booo
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:41 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,356
Thanks: 156
Thanked 181 Times in 159 Posts
Default

Sarah did you have your eyelashes done as well? I used to get mine done all the time! so much better than messing with false lashes... sexy eyes everyday I say! LOL
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Chihuahua People 2004-2009
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum