For those of us who genuinely feel concerned enough to do something about the animal cruelty, neglect and the plight of homeless animals...
There is a lot you can actually do to help, even if not in the position to adopt from a rescue.
* Financially support perhaps local rescues when you can.
* Collect tinned dog/cat food at work to take along. Or buy an extra tin every week and pop along with it when you have a bag.
* Organise a fund raising event.
* Contact local rescues to see if they need help caring for animals on site, with walking etc.
* Promote rescue animals rather than purposefully bred ones, where you feel appropriate. When you can...talk to would-be owners about the importance of buying from a reputable Chihuahua breeder...not a back yard breeder or puppy farmer.
Yes, it is awful and easy to feel helpless when we see and hear of animal abuse, greedy breeders etc.
But the reality is, there ARE things we can ALL do to help if we choose
Of course it takes a little effort but it's worth it