Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums

Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums (https://www.chihuahua-people.com/index.php)
-   Links and Products (https://www.chihuahua-people.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Bark Box (https://www.chihuahua-people.com/showthread.php?t=70594)

doginthedesert 07-20-2012 10:49 PM

Bark Box
 
So I am a sucker for start up companies and new interesting USA made dog treats and stuff. So... I heard about this company that is kinda like the fruit of the month club sort of thing but for dog products called Bark Box. So I signed up for 3 months to see what it is like. It is $21 a month (it can be cheaper if you buy longer times) and you get a surprise box of 6-8 dog products every month. I looked at their facebook page and the boxes are absolutely worth $21. They also only get treats from smaller companies and guarantee that they are made in the USA. Looks like not all of the toys are USA made- but they are high quality and they seem to be responsible people. I don't think I am going to get a lead laced 99c toy from PETCO.

If you use my link to sign up you get $5 off and I get credit towards a free box- so win win. Shipping is free to the US and $5 to Canada. I will post again next month when I get my box and let you all know how it is. I am happy to be the guinea pig in this situation. I did opt for the "medium" box for my bigger dog, but if I really like 3 months then I will do the next 3 in a small. They are the same price and treats and amounts are all the same- it just effects what size you get if there is a item like that. For instance based on what I saw on Facebook it had a quick drying towel last month and you got either small, medium or large. Or the toys are small, medium or large.

I have a feeling I will cancel after 3 months, but it would be a really great gift for someone who just got a dog to get to try out a lot of different products. Supposedly it also has good coupons if you want to order more of the stuff they send you- we will see how good the coupons are.

Here is my link so you can save $5- if you don't use it I will not be offended-
https://barkbox.com/r/fujrzTLKdh/

doginthedesert 07-20-2012 10:54 PM

In my further fine print reading I see they give 10% to local shelters so that's cool too.

JANIE2 07-21-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doginthedesert (Post 958269)
So I am a sucker for start up companies and new interesting USA made dog treats and stuff. So... I heard about this company that is kinda like the fruit of the month club sort of thing but for dog products called Bark Box. So I signed up for 3 months to see what it is like. It is $21 a month (it can be cheaper if you buy longer times) and you get a surprise box of 6-8 dog products every month. I looked at their facebook page and the boxes are absolutely worth $21. They also only get treats from smaller companies and guarantee that they are made in the USA. Looks like not all of the toys are USA made- but they are high quality and they seem to be responsible people. I don't think I am going to get a lead laced 99c toy from PETCO.

If you use my link to sign up you get $5 off and I get credit towards a free box- so win win. Shipping is free to the US and $5 to Canada. I will post again next month when I get my box and let you all know how it is. I am happy to be the guinea pig in this situation. I did opt for the "medium" box for my bigger dog, but if I really like 3 months then I will do the next 3 in a small. They are the same price and treats and amounts are all the same- it just effects what size you get if there is a item like that. For instance based on what I saw on Facebook it had a quick drying towel last month and you got either small, medium or large. Or the toys are small, medium or large.

I have a feeling I will cancel after 3 months, but it would be a really great gift for someone who just got a dog to get to try out a lot of different products. Supposedly it also has good coupons if you want to order more of the stuff they send you- we will see how good the coupons are.

Here is my link so you can save $5- if you don't use it I will not be offended-
https://barkbox.com/r/fujrzTLKdh/

How cool is this? I'm in Canada so it appears to be a no-go, but I really like this concept.

doginthedesert 07-21-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANIE2 (Post 958290)
How cool is this? I'm in Canada so it appears to be a no-go, but I really like this concept.

They ship to canada- it is just $5 a month shipping instead of free. So if you got the $17 a month 6 month plan it would actually be 22 a month. They only ship to USA and Canada though- no luck for non-north Americans.

pigeonsheep 07-21-2012 01:05 AM

does it take out the whole months worth of subscription all in 1 set or it takes it out monthly? :)




doginthedesert 07-21-2012 01:33 AM

It takes it all at once. I did 3 months and it was $62. I think that is why it is so much cheaper to do more months at a time. I thought about doing just one month but you save so much the 3 seemed worth it. I think they are marketing heavily towards people buying it as gifts.

chaiteahuahua 07-21-2012 03:33 AM

This is awesome! I'd love to hear what the treat-to-toy ratio is like, because we buy treats frequently anyways. I'll be waiting for your update :)

doginthedesert 07-21-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaiteahuahua (Post 958403)
This is awesome! I'd love to hear what the treat-to-toy ratio is like, because we buy treats frequently anyways. I'll be waiting for your update :)

I will be sure to update when it comes- I think I have about 3 weeks cause I missed the cutoff for this months box. We buy treats a lot too- and always some local/handcrafted stuff for having around the house (I make my training treats) so considering what those cost this could be worth it really quick- or not- we will see!


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Chihuahua People 2004-2009