Dexter Update - Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums
 
Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums


Chihuahua-People.com is the premier Chihuahua Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Go Back   Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums > Off-Topic > Other Pets

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-27-2013, 06:35 PM
chi-aholic
Asteroids Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Name: Savannah
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 475
Thanks: 21
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default Dexter Update

He's been missing for 18 hours now, (haven't seen him since 8pm last night) still no signs of him. His food is still in the bowl from this morning before we called for him, it's so... empty... without him around.

I'm EXTREMELY worried. I just hope he's okay, he NEVER does this. But he's old and isn't in the best of health -- that's what truly has me worried.

Earlier today, I got the blanket he lays on to sleep and had my beagle Trigger sniff it. He immediately tracked through the backyard and came to a halt at the fence, barking at the woods behind the creek, which is behind our house. I called and called and... nothing. Though he's been tracked down, unfortunately, he isn't coming... and that CANNOT be good.
__________________

Last edited by EmberLuvu; 04-27-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-27-2013, 06:51 PM
chi addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Name: chelsea
Location: ireland
Posts: 235
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Hiya hun

So sorry to hear that Is there anyway way you could put Trigger on a long lead and go for a quick walk about around in the woods behind your house even just to kind of clear your head to know that you have looked there I know its probably huge back there but maybe trigger might pick something up....
what does dexter look like would he be very difficult to spot.
Maybe try speaking to some neighbors around and ask them to keep an eye out..

Fingers crossed for ya hun my honey did that to me once she was gone for two months i was a mess....then one day i was walking the dogs and i spotted her in a window of a house about two miles away from my house I knocked on the door and explained to the girl at the door...she gladly returned her to me she said her dog had cornered her in her garden about a month ago and she took her in cause she looked old and had no collar on.....She did have a collar but shes very good at loosing them...

anyway hun hopefully he will turn up when hes hungry....xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ♥♥clio♥chi♥chi♥♥ For This Useful Post:
EmberLuvu (04-28-2013)
  #3  
Old 04-27-2013, 07:27 PM
chi-aholic
Asteroids Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Name: Savannah
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 475
Thanks: 21
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥clio♥chi♥chi♥♥ View Post
Hiya hun

So sorry to hear that Is there anyway way you could put Trigger on a long lead and go for a quick walk about around in the woods behind your house even just to kind of clear your head to know that you have looked there I know its probably huge back there but maybe trigger might pick something up....
what does dexter look like would he be very difficult to spot.
Maybe try speaking to some neighbors around and ask them to keep an eye out..

Fingers crossed for ya hun my honey did that to me once she was gone for two months i was a mess....then one day i was walking the dogs and i spotted her in a window of a house about two miles away from my house I knocked on the door and explained to the girl at the door...she gladly returned her to me she said her dog had cornered her in her garden about a month ago and she took her in cause she looked old and had no collar on.....She did have a collar but shes very good at loosing them...

anyway hun hopefully he will turn up when hes hungry....xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He looks like a bobcat, as he's a Siamese/Egyptian Mau cat. So he's extremely difficult to spot, he's practically camo.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
  #4  
Old 04-27-2013, 07:36 PM
chi addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Name: chelsea
Location: ireland
Posts: 235
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Wow he sounds amazing...maybe make some fliers to put up around the area maybe it might help ...you could talk to some people around the area...put some up in shelters around and also ring the local radio....every little helps hun xxxxxxxxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ♥♥clio♥chi♥chi♥♥ For This Useful Post:
EmberLuvu (04-28-2013)
  #5  
Old 04-27-2013, 08:11 PM
chi-aholic
Asteroids Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Name: Savannah
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 475
Thanks: 21
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥clio♥chi♥chi♥♥ View Post
Wow he sounds amazing...maybe make some fliers to put up around the area maybe it might help ...you could talk to some people around the area...put some up in shelters around and also ring the local radio....every little helps hun xxxxxxxxx
The thing is he doesn't leave the neighborhood. The only place he could be is back in the woods and there is no way to get back there, it's fenced off. If he's hurt or dead back there we can't get to him. I'm hoping for his safe return tomorrow morning to eat, but I don't even know if he's alive...
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-27-2013, 11:17 PM
chi-aholic
Asteroids Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Name: Savannah
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 475
Thanks: 21
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Update: Still missing. Nearing 30 hours that he's been missing now... I'm so worried!
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Just arrived!
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Superior, WI
Posts: 8
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

My heart goes out to you. I hope he comes home soon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireFly For This Useful Post:
EmberLuvu (04-28-2013)
  #8  
Old 04-28-2013, 12:04 AM
chi-aholic
Asteroids Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Name: Savannah
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 475
Thanks: 21
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
My heart goes out to you. I hope he comes home soon.
Thank you. I hope he does too, but my little pet owner's sixth sense is telling me that he isn't going to come home. For once, I hope I'm wrong.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Chihuahua People 2004-2009
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum