Stopping Ziwipeak? - Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums
 
Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums


Chihuahua-People.com is the premier Chihuahua Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Go Back   Chihuahua Forum : Chihuahua Breed Dog Forums > Chihuahuas > Chihuahua Diet and Nutrition > Pre Made Food

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:37 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: Krystal
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,614
Thanks: 851
Thanked 881 Times in 829 Posts
Default Stopping Ziwipeak?

Odie has been on Ziwipeak for probably a couple of weeks now. At first I was concerned that she was eating too much of it, but she seemed to settle down now and she's now eating the recommended amount (I think she was just excited that she had a new food).

For the past three or four days now, she has had runny stools, sometimes verging on full blown diarrhea. I've tried giving her pure yam, which helped a little, but without it, it seems to not be improving.

She's eating the venison kind. This morning, I have given her Acana kibble instead of Ziwipeak, to see if we can stop the diarrhea. I would love her to continue on the Ziwipeak, and she seems to really like it, but I don't want to continue if it's not agreeing with her body. Has anyone else had to stop feeding it?
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-26-2012, 05:37 PM
honorary chi
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 509
Thanks: 43
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Yep I had too.
I posted a thread recently about it, I also thought it may be overfeeding but whatever I did Noah would continue to have stools coated heavily in mucus, sometimes they were loose but don't recall any bad diarrhea such as you describe.
The minute I switched him off it the mucus cleared up so I figured something in Ziwipeak was causing bowel irritation, so I stopped.

He still has bits of ziwipeak as treats at the moment since I have a few pieces left from a trial bag but I don't feed it as a meal anymore, it's a shame as so many people here seem to rave about it and Noah also loved it and the little stools were great lol.

Still trying to find a food that 100% suits him

How many pieces do you currently feed?

Last edited by heartagram; 09-26-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-26-2012, 05:53 PM

chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 12,272
Thanks: 355
Thanked 845 Times in 731 Posts
Default

I have 2 with weak stomachs,i feed Venison & Fish and they are both fine on that.Maybe email them and tell them and ask for a sample of the venison and fish.Worth a try
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
  #4  
Old 09-26-2012, 07:15 PM
chi addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 200
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I would call the number on the website. Kimberly answers herself, she is the co founder. She is really nice and knowledgeable. She would be able to help you.
If you do call, please post what he has to say
__________________


Thank you flippedstars for my amazing siggy!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:25 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Name: Dee
Posts: 2,480
Thanks: 317
Thanked 255 Times in 173 Posts
Default

Have you guys with weak tummies tried giving chicken wing tips at all, the bone should firm things up & it's great for their dental health?
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:32 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: Krystal
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,614
Thanks: 851
Thanked 881 Times in 829 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartagram View Post
Yep I had too.
I posted a thread recently about it, I also thought it may be overfeeding but whatever I did Noah would continue to have stools coated heavily in mucus, sometimes they were loose but don't recall any bad diarrhea such as you describe.
The minute I switched him off it the mucus cleared up so I figured something in Ziwipeak was causing bowel irritation, so I stopped.

He still has bits of ziwipeak as treats at the moment since I have a few pieces left from a trial bag but I don't feed it as a meal anymore, it's a shame as so many people here seem to rave about it and Noah also loved it and the little stools were great lol.

Still trying to find a food that 100% suits him

How many pieces do you currently feed?
Hmmm... interesting. No mucous here, just diarrhea. She hasn't gone at all today now. I'm a little worried about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michele View Post
I have 2 with weak stomachs,i feed Venison & Fish and they are both fine on that.Maybe email them and tell them and ask for a sample of the venison and fish.Worth a try
She wouldn't eat the Mussel treat, but it might be worth trying the venison & fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico's Mom View Post
I would call the number on the website. Kimberly answers herself, she is the co founder. She is really nice and knowledgeable. She would be able to help you.
If you do call, please post what he has to say
I might do this if I can find the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieLass View Post
Have you guys with weak tummies tried giving chicken wing tips at all, the bone should firm things up & it's great for their dental health?
Odie gets a chicken neck roughly around 3 times a week, and sometimes a duck or chicken foot. We've continued this since she started ZP too.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:40 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: T
Posts: 2,183
Thanks: 69
Thanked 88 Times in 85 Posts
Default

have you considered possibly feeding a raw bone now and then to firm stools? Can also be beneficial for teeth
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:52 PM
chi god/godess
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Name: Krystal
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,614
Thanks: 851
Thanked 881 Times in 829 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetee View Post
have you considered possibly feeding a raw bone now and then to firm stools? Can also be beneficial for teeth
She eats a chicken neck around 3 times a week, which we've continued to do. I just emailed Ziwipeak and I'll see what they say. The only other time she's had diarrhea is after dewormer and her spay. I kind of feel like a jerk now, because she was really thriving on Acana and her raw meals and now I've turned her world upside down. I may just return to feeding Acana until I hear back from them.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Chihuahua People 2004-2009
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum