Eek! Well he has had about 1/4 teaspoon of the orange part half and hour ago and is certainly alive and kicking! But we will keep a very close eye on him. He went crazy for it couldnt lick the bowl enough then danced for more.
I found a couple of raw feeding blogs who give whole scallops occasionally, one dog called pallet seems to be eating every fish under the sea on a regular basis!
I think I found the same website just now that says it can kill a dog
but no where else has said that. I am not discrediting it but surely if it were that toxic it would be more widely known? But then once upon a time it was usual to give grapes as a treat! Jeeze its done now and I hope I havent made a mistake :s