Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having to sit up with my poorly lab (he ate something that made him poorly, and the vet gave him somethin to make him sick :rolleyes: Lovely...) and a bit bored, as you get at 4am :D

Anyway, just came across the website of what can only be described as a puppy farmer. It would be laughable if it wasnt for the fact that they are breeding some of the poorest quality, sickly looking dogs i've ever seen. The website is covered in "helpful" information about finding the best breeder and only choosing the best pups etc etc etc. I bet that sort of stuff does fool people into thinking this is a good breeder. Needless to say the pups are not registered, just come with a pedigree :rolleyes:

Anyway, looking on the for sale page made me feel sick. They seem proud of the fact that they are breeding dangerously small pups. One very sickly pup, advertised as "teacup" of course, is for sale for £3500!!!! They even acknowledge in the paragraph about the pup that she is expensive :foxes15:

I mean seriously, as far as im aware not even the top breeders charge that much money for their KC reg, show potential pups from top show winning parents. I honestly cant believe people are stupid enough to hand over crazy amounts of money to a blatant puppy farmer, its so infuriating!!!!

Pointless thread I know, but I was so shocked I had to post!!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
That actually sounds like the same breeder that sparked the discussion on breed standard in another thread, although I didnt see the link and cant say for sure. I think someone here may have one of her pups.
Super inflated prices like that are always a huge red flag, and usually justified by the puppies' descriptions as "micro teacup", etc. Thats at least double what anyone should pay for a puppy I think, even in the UK where I know your prices are typically higher than here. That breeder is just relying on people equating a huge price tag with superior quality.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I see sites like that ALL the time, its upsetting for the poor babies but it just keeps going on :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Utterly ridiculous!

The saddest thing is that I bet these breeders don't even care where their puppies end up or whether they will be well looked after.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Yeah it's the same lady blu puppy bad alopecia?? She's deffo a farmer it's just awful the dogs are so badly bred it breaks my heart and NONE are registered with the kc!!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That's just unreal. People are nuts! Poor puppies, I agree she most definitely doesn't care who or what adopts the little puppies as long as she's getting her $$$$$$

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I just looked on the site and yes have seen one I like BUT where are the pictures of the parents ???????
if they are so proud of their breeding stock why not have pictures of them ?
quite scary I think but there is one there I would x but I won't lol

·
Registered
469 Posts
Can some 1 send me the link please so i can have a look,
Thanks,
Its very sad for these poor pups, but while i was looking for a Shih Tzu i came accross a few, and the pedigree papers are not worth the paper there written on, makes me mad ..

·
Registered
155 Posts
i came across quite a few of these ridiculously priced pups when I was looking for Radley, and plenty of other scammers trying to fool you out of money as well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Im having to sit up with my poorly lab (he ate something that made him poorly, and the vet gave him somethin to make him sick :rolleyes: Lovely...) and a bit bored, as you get at 4am :D

Anyway, just came across the website of what can only be described as a puppy farmer. It would be laughable if it wasnt for the fact that they are breeding some of the poorest quality, sickly looking dogs i've ever seen. The website is covered in "helpful" information about finding the best breeder and only choosing the best pups etc etc etc. I bet that sort of stuff does fool people into thinking this is a good breeder. Needless to say the pups are not registered, just come with a pedigree :rolleyes:

Anyway, looking on the for sale page made me feel sick. They seem proud of the fact that they are breeding dangerously small pups. One very sickly pup, advertised as "teacup" of course, is for sale for £3500!!!! They even acknowledge in the paragraph about the pup that she is expensive :foxes15:

I mean seriously, as far as im aware not even the top breeders charge that much money for their KC reg, show potential pups from top show winning parents. I honestly cant believe people are stupid enough to hand over crazy amounts of money to a blatant puppy farmer, its so infuriating!!!!

Pointless thread I know, but I was so shocked I had to post!!

Yeh your talking about Cici's breeder, oh and yeah I must be totally stupid to hand over crazy amounts of money to a blatant puppy farmer :S
people make mistakes so yeh I'm not stupid!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I just looked on the site and yes have seen one I like BUT where are the pictures of the parents ???????
if they are so proud of their breeding stock why not have pictures of them ?
quite scary I think but there is one there I would x but I won't lol
you see the parents when you visit the pup, I've met Cici's mum and dad

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeh your talking about Cici's breeder, oh and yeah I must be totally stupid to hand over crazy amounts of money to a blatant puppy farmer :S
people make mistakes so yeh I'm not stupid!

Thats interesting... So as someone who has bought from this type of person, why did you choose to get a pup from them given the inflated prices?

Not criticising you, its your money and its up to you where you spend it, but it does seem odd to pay so much over the odds for an unregistered pup from someone who really doesnt look to be a very good breeder at all.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thats interesting... So as someone who has bought from this type of person, why did you choose to get a pup from them given the inflated prices?

Not criticising you, its your money and its up to you where you spend it, but it does seem odd to pay so much over the odds for an unregistered pup from someone who really doesnt look to be a very good breeder at all.
Because I thought at the prices she was charging she would be a good reputable breeder and I would get my moneys worth for a wonderful chi (which I have actually!!) To me she looked like a good breeder, I phoned her and she seemed very nice. And I clearly didn't know Cici was unregistered that's kind of obvious or else I would have thought twice about getting her. Ehmm yeh you kind of are criticising me calling me stupid ha like I said people make mistakes and I will know next time but Cici is a wonderful chi and I'm happy with her!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Because I thought at the prices she was charging she would be a good reputable breeder and I would get my moneys worth for a wonderful chi (which I have actually!!) To me she looked like a good breeder, I phoned her and she seemed very nice. And I clearly didn't know Cici was unregistered that's kind of obvious or else I would have thought twice about getting her. Ehmm yeh you kind of are criticising me calling me stupid ha like I said people make mistakes and I will know next time but Cici is a wonderful chi and I'm happy with her!

Unfortunately thats how unscrupulous breeders dupe people into parting with silly amounts of money. Its SO important to do tonnes of research with any breed, but with chi's it seems even more necessary as they are just used as money makers by so many people :rolleyes:

Im glad you have a lovely pup, its just a shame the breeder wasnt upfront about the fact she was unreg. Her website should say that they are unreg IMO.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yeh I know we all had a big conversation about this a couple of days ago. I got scammed but nothing I can do about it now
nobody is calling you stupid you got the puppy you wanted so price doesn't come into it. I have paid £2000 for 3 of mine and I don't class myself as stupid [ maybe others would and some of my friends did lol ] but I don't care I got the dogs I wanted and if I had been asked for more and I had the cash I would have paid it they are priceless to me. If I lived closer and wasn't so skint there is one on that site I would buy ha ha.

·
Registered
280 Posts
nobody is calling you stupid you got the puppy you wanted so price doesn't come into it. I have paid £2000 for 3 of mine and I don't class myself as stupid [ maybe others would and some of my friends did lol ] but I don't care I got the dogs I wanted and if I had been asked for more and I had the cash I would have paid it they are priceless to me. If I lived closer and wasn't so skint there is one on that site I would buy ha ha.
Ha thanks that makes me feel better :)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
We all have made mistakes in our lives and that's human nature,No you are not stupid just be happy you got him away from that person into a loving home

1 - 20 of 48 Posts