Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I love being able to take my babies places with me. I had errands yesterday, the pet store, and shopping in downtown Naperville. We just recently got an Anthropologie down there, which is awesome! Dogs are allowed in many of the boutiques as long as they are either in your arms or in a carrier. There aren't many places to take your dogs here in winter since it's so cold. So I try and take advantage of any place I can shop with the dogs. My shopping buddy took this cute photo馃槉

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae17/meoshyah83/AEE07382-35B0-4A7F-A418-7B32F0791807_zpsdu7t0pga.jpg

The girls waiting patiently for me to finish getting ready 馃槉

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae17/meoshyah83/C925AFDE-FA27-4084-84CA-6B3321DF1F27_zpsicc5sptk.jpg

Which places are your dogs able to go along with you?

Registered
I only wish my surrounding area was more dog friendly. Most places don't allow unless their service dogs.

We have your typical chain type pet stores, (petsmart, petco, etc) where we go frequently to get them out in the winter and to continue socializing. A dog park went in a few years ago, but sometimes it's hard to take mine there because my area is saturated with large dogs which my two are reserved with. This summer I'm going to take Carolina to this outdoor mall that's about 30 minutes from me where you can take small dogs and take them in most stores too.

Registered
Aww I love these pictures!! Especially the first one, they're just too cute! I love bringing my dogs with me to places. I used to bring Lilo absolutely everywhere when she was a puppy (even where dogs weren't allowed lol). Since having Rocky, they tend to stay home when we go shopping though. Rocky doesn't like being in a carrier and I would feel bad leaving him at home alone. There are a lot of pubs that accept dogs inside here and many restaurants/cafes accept dogs on terraces so they come along for stuff like that sometimes.

Registered
Aw: downtown Naperville is a fun place to shop! And how wonderful that you can bring your puppies with you. They are so cute: amazing that you can fit all of them in one bag.

My little girl Florrie enjoys a shopping trip, but I do have to sneak her into places, because most shops in the uk only allow service dogs. But if the staff see her, they think she's too cute to throw out! And she's allowed into my local cafes, where she has quite a fan base!

Registered
My little girl Florrie enjoys a shopping trip, but I do have to sneak her into places, because most shops in the uk only allow service dogs. But if the staff see her, they think she's too cute to throw out! And she's allowed into my local cafes, where she has quite a fan base!
Chihuahuas often get away with breaking this no dogs allowed rule. haha It was the same with me when I used to take Lilo everywhere... no one ever threw us out when they spotted her. :cool:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #8
Aww I love these pictures!! Especially the first one, they're just too cute! I love bringing my dogs with me to places. I used to bring Lilo absolutely everywhere when she was a puppy (even where dogs weren't allowed lol). Since having Rocky, they tend to stay home when we go shopping though. Rocky doesn't like being in a carrier and I would feel bad leaving him at home alone. There are a lot of pubs that accept dogs inside here and many restaurants/cafes accept dogs on terraces so they come along for stuff like that sometimes.

Thanks Camille! Any chance I get to take mine some place, I take it! You are lucky you get to take your dogs in certain pubs and restaurants. Technically we can't here, but I have snuck mine into certain places. If I knew I wouldn't be long. But never fine dining though. They are however allowed most outdoor places. Can't wait for spring 馃槉

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Aw: downtown Naperville is a fun place to shop! And how wonderful that you can bring your puppies with you. They are so cute: amazing that you can fit all of them in one bag.

Awe lol Florrie has a fan base! I think chi's in general have such a celebrity like aura about them that they can get away with most things. We really do have the most unique breed 馃槉

1 - 9 of 9 Posts