Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my chi had some strange problems peeing and I brought him to the vet. The vet then told me that he had stones in his kidneys! I didn't know that feeding him rice would cause him to have kidney stones. The vet said that they may have to cut another hole for him to pee but I guess that would hurt. There is another way though, which is to flush the stones out. Hope that works. I don't know what to do. Any advice?馃槩

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The vet said he should be okay but they need to check his x-ray and run a few tests so he needs to stay at the hospital for a few days. My chihuahua looks very scared but he's a brave dog. I'm sure he'll be okay.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If he's okay, I can bring him home one day after the vet flushes the stones in his kidney ,which is tomorrow, but if they can't flush it down then he will have to do the operation one day later! The cage in the hospital is so dirty and I hope he can get out of there soon. Seeing all the needles in his body, it feels so awkward. Even if they manage to flush the stones, hopefully the stitches won't hurt.馃槚

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The vet successfully flushed some stones out so they have to do an operation for him to remove the other stones. I'm glad to hear that he did not have to cut another hole. But he will have stitches which must be handled with extreme caution. Should I stay inside the operation room? I am scared to go inside and see my dog in pain. So should I stay with my dog or go outside the operation room? 馃槚馃槪馃槹

Registered
Sending healing prayers for your little man! Hugs to you too! Keep us posted. Now I am worried for him too!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks.
I brought him home already but he keeps biting the stitches. I hope the stitches won't tear. It looks like its going to break any time though...馃槹

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
His stitches broke! In the clinic...馃槹
I shouldn't have let him bite it! So scary to see the vet sew the stitches. Gotta buy a shirt or something and put it on!馃槺

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He's okay now...sewed the stitches back on.鈽(He's wearing a super small t-shirt)
By the way, his name is Rambo

1 - 20 of 25 Posts