Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that giving dogs cheese is good for them. Is that true? I have given it to mine and they love it, but wanted to make sure it's ok.

Also,,,,

Xena has had the runs for a while now... she won't eat the puppy food but eats my older dogs food (adult formula) She seems healthy - plays and runs around, but she still has the runs!! Is it cuz of the adult dog food????

What puppy food should I try???

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
It is probably due to the adult dog food as she isnt used to it - try adding it to her puppy food then she may eat it and her diarrhoea wont be as bad

As for cheese it is good in small quantites, alot of people use tiny chunks as training aids :wave:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried mixing the two of them.... she doesn't buy it!!! LOL

She picks out the adult dog food and leaves the puppy food there..... little turkey!! lol

For those with puppies, what brand do you buy - does your puppy like it???

Thanks, Traci

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I mean at 12 weeks she does really need to eat her puppy food for a while longer - I had the same problem with ozzy and switched him about 6 months but 12 weeks is a bit early what I did was boiled chicken breast and added that to the puppy food and they soon scoffed it lol - or do they eat dry when he was 6 months I put him on adult wet but left a bowl of puppy dry dopwn for him to nibble on :wave:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
That's weird because puppy food usually tastes better! Yeah, at 12 weeks she really needs to be eating puppy food. It has all the nutrients that puppies need to grow and develop properly. I think Ritz ate Science Diet Puppy. They should eat that until at least 6 months old. Good luck!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Both of my puppies are on Royal Canin Mini Puppy 33, they both realllly seem to like it. Also i use wellness wet puppy foood.... they LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEE that too...

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I sprinkle Parmesan cheese on OmaKitty's food for her as a treat. She loves it (so does Cooper when he sees me doing it and insists he get some too). It makes me feel better since it's not a lot of cheese ... just enough for the taste.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Jazzy absolutely loves cheese. I asked my vet about giving her cheese and she said as long as it is in moderation, it's fine.

When Jazzy gets in one of her super "picky" phases and won't eat, I'll melt a little cheese over her kibble. Got that idea from Gadget's mom. Thank you, Dori! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts