Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buttercup is 1 year and 5 months. She is white with black/blue spots. These last few weeks I notice the black spots had white or gray hair coming out. Now most of her black spots are gray. She has a very healthy diet and has regular visits to the vet. She is great condition, acts like a normal crazy 1 year old dog. Is this normal for her hair to be changing colors? I should mention she is a long haired chi. I'm worried because i had a smooth coat chi that was alll black and didn't show gray hair till she was 8-9 years old. I'm just being a worried momma again!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Reese, my chocolate and tan boy, started getting a lot of white fur on his muzzle right around a year old too. These chis just seem to change their coats at will the first few years! And I agree with Bella, long coats especially can pop out a new color seemingly out of nowhere. I wouldnt worry about it a bit, just a cosmetic change :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
lol dexter has little white hairs coming out here and there on his head and his back...me and my bf tease that hes an oldman LOL :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
heya i have a 1year and 3 month old chihuahua and she is starting to get spots so it seems to be normal and i have read that they fur does change as they get a bit older. i wouldnt worry :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Bruiser has had some gray/white around his muzzle since about a year or so. Everybody thinks he is an old old dog and he is only 7. So, what are you going to do? I guess it's normal. He acts like a little old man anyway. haha

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
My late chihuahua was a long hair tri color with black, tan, and white fur. White fur would pop up around her face, head and body, which caused some strangers to believe she was older than she really was - and she was only 2 years old at the time.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
My boy Adam has a black mask and he has white developing round his muzzle now at 2 yrs.
Also it may be the black was supposed to turn to grey!! Alot of breeds (Poodles, Chinese Crested, Old English Shepdogs, for example) start off as black and white puppies when their adult colours will be grey and white or silver.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts