Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I'd like to introduce myself to the forum. I've been following it for a week now, and I'm glad I have been because I don't know how many times, while reading various threads, I have gone "ahhhhh, my Chi does that TOO!"

Minnie was given up at a shelter and I adopted her! She's a little 10 year old beauty. Her owner was wheelchair bound and passed away recently. It's so fun getting to know her, and trying to understand her behavior and quirks.

Shortly before I adopted her, she had most of her teeth removed, and had her nails trimmed for the first time in a looonnnngg time, if ever. The shelter told me she was a picky eater, but it doesn't seem that way to me! She eats almost anything. Luckily, I went to a local reputable pet food store and they hooked me up with the kinds of "goodies" you guys talk about on here - RAW food, and what seem to be decent looking (and soft) treats.

She's a little cuddle bug, loves sitting on laps....but doesn't really like walks! We have "worked" our way up to 2 blocks, but it takes about 15 minutes to do that. She's really good about doing her buisness outside, and thankfully she also uses the p- pads.

She is an AMAZING little creature, and I feel so lucky to have her! I know that she was overlooked so many times by people who thought she was too old, but she's still just as sweet as a young dog!

Quirks I have been able to identify because of this forum:
-She's a licker! Loves to lick! Why is that I wonder?
-She runs circles around my bed right before "bedtime"
-She sometimes wants to be picked up, then backs away, and does it all over again - silly dog!

Thanks to everyone on the forum, I just wanted to let you know you've been a great help!

:)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi to you and minnie she sounds like a real doll you have a friend for life for saveing her when everyone else[as you said ] overlooked her good luck with your new baby

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hi there :)
Welcome, Minnie sounds like an amazing little girl
Please post pics soon

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and Minnie! Thank you for appreciating what wonderful companions our "seniors" can be...:) I have such a soft spot for them.. Would love to see pics. Deb

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Oh how wonderful you are for opening your heart so much and taking in an older dog! That is just so sad she found herself in a shelter. Chis are alot of fun. They just love to be loved. And welcome to the forum!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome, I am so glad you have given her a forever home......she sounds adorable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts