Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I adopted a chihuahua mix- we thought- who weighs 15 lbs— not overweight. We decided to do a dog DNA kit, and it said his results are 100% chihuahua (Wisdom Panel).

Is this possible? Curious what others think. Will include a photo of my big chihuahua:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Look at that smile ! This is my Charlie . She hasn’t had a doggie dna, but I think she’s a full chi too. Just like us people , chihuahuas come in a few ‘styles ‘, right ?
Dog Furniture Textile Sleeve Dog breed

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Resues that aren't breed specific aren't certain what most of their pup's breeds are, so they give the dominant breed as per appearance, but always add 'Mixed' to their description. Looks like your pup is 100% Chihuahua to me, but he also appears to be overweight.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My Chico is full breed long hair chi. He currently weight in at 9 lbs. Sometimes he goes up a pound or down a pound. He is also 10 1/2 years old. He is a little pig when it comes to food. He knows when it's time for me to get off couch and start cooking. Also knows when he is supposed to go for a walk. Mornings he wakes us at 6:30 for his walk. He lets us know after lunch time, after supper and at 10pm last walk of day. Don't worry how much your chi weighs, as long as he is healty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts