Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We went hiking with the chis recently and I'm impressed with how much they managed to walk, over 15 miles! And yet strangers always tell me "I bet they can't walk for more than 5 minutes with those little legs". How wrong are they! ;)

We took some breaks and stopped for a long picnic, but that was more for us, they still had a lot of energy. lol I'm particularly impressed with Lilo considering she didn't use to walk! Before we got Rocky, we could barely take her for a 5-10 minutes walk, let alone go hiking! She's done so much progress!

Rocky going crazy in the long grass

Wild blackberries... yum!

Lilo, forced to rest in the sling... "I don't want to be in here mummy, I just wants to walk!"

Pause to drink water

A glimpse of the scenery

Premium Member
I love your pictures. The clouds are so beautiful with hues of pink and purple. Your pups look like they had a great time. And those berries look so good and fresh, they're making me want to throw them in a smoothie 馃構. Braxton doesn't like walking either. She's very slow and lazy about it. And I don't know why. But I'll keep trying.

Registered
THANK YOU!!! I love the pictures, especially of your gorgeous pups! Camille, the scenery and the pics of your and Lilo and Rocky are beyond gorgeous. I love seeing other countries and the every day places you get to go to! Thanks again, Debby

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I love your pictures. The clouds are so beautiful with hues of pink and purple. Your pups look like they had a great time. And those berries look so good and fresh, they're making me want to throw them in a smoothie 馃構. Braxton doesn't like walking either. She's very slow and lazy about it. And I don't know why. But I'll keep trying.
Thanks! It's a really beautiful place, especially at sunset! And the blackberries were delicious, we snacked on them throughout the whole walk. The dogs absolutely loved them too. :p I don't know what it is either. Lilo was like that since she was a puppy. We tried everything to get her to walk, but it wasn't until we got Rocky in january that she became interested in walking more. She's still a bit slow and fussy at times when walking on streets, but in big open spaces like parks and country side, she really loves it now. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, did they do 15 miles in one day? That would be a a lot for humans and a great distance for a chi. The scenery is gorgeous!
Thanks. Yes, in one day! Up and down hills too. I didn't expect them to be able to do it. I was prepared to carry them in the sling on and off, but with breaks, lots of food and snacks, they were fine with it. Rocky was still running around at the end. I don't know where he gets his energy from! They slept a lot the next day! lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
THANK YOU!!! I love the pictures, especially of your gorgeous pups! Camille, the scenery and the pics of your and Lilo and Rocky are beyond gorgeous. I love seeing other countries and the every day places you get to go to! Thanks again, Debby
Aww thanks! I'm glad you liked them. It is a such a beautiful place and not that far from London either. It's one of my favourite hiking spots. The UK really has some stunning coastlines. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Wow wow wow! I don't know what's more amazing, chihuahuas hiking 15 miles or those pictures! I'm gonna pack my bags and come live by you!!! Rocky and Lilo look adorable as always and you are so beautiful! :)
Aww thank you!! We're quite lucky to have amazing places like this relatively close. It's nice to escape the city from time to time! The dogs love it so much too! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts