1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh boy oh boy he hopped rite in!

i gettinz bored...when we ridey mommy?

heh heh. fun fun!

later in the mornin....i heard high breathin noises and saw that dex was fast asleep in his snoozer! i guess...its THAT comfy that he just knocked out on it LOL~ :lol:

btw my bf surprised me today with this

its a "couple" set of hermit crabs. its supposed to symbolize me and the bf. he especially ordered them from a hermit crab breeder and had to wait for them to come in...lol! say hello to plum (me in the pink kitty shell) and pigeon (in the bigger shell) isnt he a doof! :D

·
Registered
919 Posts
That's wonderful that Dexter took to it so fast! I take it he's used to riding in the car?

I never knew that about hermit crabs. Interesting! My sister and I had a couple of hermit crabs growing up, but they certainly didn't symbolize that! lol Have fun with them!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe thanks guys. yes hes used to ridin in cars. i started him off when he was a pup. i guess any seat i put in the car he will live but he fell in love with this one. there is soooo much room for him to relax in! it even says on the description it can be used as a bed indoors lol!

well normally the hermit crabs arent supposed to mean that but the bf bought them for me to mean it in that way. thats why he especially got a male and female. whats crazy about them is they cant have babies unless theres a special temperature involved and the females wont lay them unless they see that there is...who knew there could be a limit in the world of reproducing lmao! my bf however thought that they can live in that teeny tank and survive...i did more research and they involve a big tank with 2 water dishes. one for freshwater and one for saltwater...geez! lol...what is the mom gonna think of them rofl!

·
Registered
117 Posts
They also need a heat lamp in their setup and twice-three times a day to be sprayed down with water to keep it humid.
And lots of shells to change their clothes in ;) haha

I love that seat bed! I saw one last nighte when buying a crate for the new pup and thought about picking one of those up.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
we have a hermit crab too. Well we had 2 but one died. :(
Anywho theres a tiny dish in there that i sit the sponge it *needs to be a natural sea sponge and i spray it with water usually daily or fill the little dish *its for a crab* with water and it helps the sponge hold water since i keep it in it. Ours hasn't changed shells in forever and i think only one time so who knows but i'd at least keep 1 or 2 bigger ones in there though. We've had him for several years.
Oh, and i've never used a heat lamp either. Never even heard of using that for a hermit crab. :confused: So you should be fine without. Also you're supposed to used distilled or bottled water rather than tap water for spraying the sponge.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone ;) the seat was from amazon, u can find it on ebay too :)

i read all about the setup includin youtube clips and they do need a bigger tank. they reccomend a 10 gal tank but i have no room for one of those...i had a tank that size for 1 gecko before. i know geckos need the heatin lamp but crabs dont...it just needs to be humid. discussin about them with the bf as im preparin to get the puppy sis for dex so dont know if i can keep these cuties.

im hopin dex will let the pup sit in the chair with him if not its ok because i still have the other one since i tuink itll take some time to get them used to each other at first. still got a couple more months till shes born

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
I`m glad you are both enjoying it, it`s a nice seat, looks cozy too. :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Very interesting about hermit crabs. I didn't
know you could actually keep them as pets. Sounds
like fun! I think I'd like to snuggle down in
Dexter's snoozer, too! But he looks cuter
than I would in it. Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts