Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!! I'm so happy to have found this site!!I looked all over the web and the info was poor.
Anyway my name is Lisa I live in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia with my husband and daughter.We have been here for 2yrs,org from Canada.
I have always loved Chi's but never was able to own one because we either had sml children or very large dogs or no time.I now have the luxury of time and happened upon this cute little blue looking Chi,it was love at first site! I first saw him 6 weeks ago in the pet store and did a little melt down but I thought no way because we have a Rottie watch dog.But everytime I went to the shop for supplies that little blue dog was still confined to his crate,so I finally had to rescue him poor thing had been in it for at least 2months only out for exercise 2x a day he had developed a skin problem on top of it.So with my families blessing and rolling of the eyes I took my new Chi(Kiwi)home.Hes almost 5months old weighs about 3 to 3.5lbs hes about 7inches from his back to floor (quite tiny) I'm not sure how much growing he has to do yet if any? He is now very happy with his new family and loves to be held he has one problem being a male he likes to jump everything and anything!!I'm trying to find a way to break this habit.Also he is'nt house trained seeing as he was crated all the time,Yes I have my hands full but I just could'nt leave him in the conditions he was in!I have since reported the pet shop to the animal welfare so they can keep checks on them.Anyway any helpful ideas would be truely welcomed!!
Thank-You and looking forward to meeting you here
Hugs and Paws Lisa&Kiwi

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
welcome!!!! your lil one is adorable!!!!!! i wish you the best of luck with him and might i suggest nuetering him...... it comes with a lot of benefits for future health and current humping problems :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You for the welcome :)

I have been sitting at my puter looking at all the info here and I could be here for days :shock: Thank You for the advice and Welcomes
Lisa&Kiwi[/b]

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
A big welcome from a fellow Canadian . Kiwi is just adorable ! Are you permanently living in KL ? What a change in climate for you LOL Before getting our Bella, we did a lot of traveling and KL was one spot I wanted to get to. But now, travel is limited to car, RV or maybe a short flight because Bella would have to be with me LOL What sacrifices we make for our chi's !!! LOL

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hi and Welcome :hello2:

He sure is adorable!
Do check into getting him neutered, and be sure to have that skin problem looked at by a vet.
I have a blue that developed a skin problem and it can be heartbreaking.
My Koke is doing much better now, but when it got really bad I was afraid she wasn't going to make it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had Kiwi checked by the vet and he is in great health amazingly(whew)his skin condition is being treated with a cream and a weekly bath,he has only 2 spots and they are both healing nicely the scabs have just fallen off.I took him today for a walk today put the harness and leash on him finally he did'nt throw himself down and then I put him in a doggie bag(haha) and we had a great walk :) I think we will do okay hes very happy with me and I have lots of patience and tlc.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Hi there and welcome! its so nice to have someone else here who lives as an expat...I live in beijing, China, org from UK. :D :wave:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You for the welcome.And yes I agree its really nice to meet anouther expat,sometimes you meet people in the funniest places :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :) I'm so glad for Kiwi that you rescued him from that pet store situation and got him the vet care that he needed and deserved. He is a real cutie! :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts